Anxious for Purity!!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Audiophiliac

Reaction score
Who else is eagerly awaiting the arrival of the first fully active hybrid ESL speaker from Martin Logan? I am excited to hear how well they pulled it off. No doubt, it will be impressive, but just how impressive? I, for one, am anxious to find this out. I like simple and short signal paths, and going from my PC into a nice DAC (USB....waiting for Empirical to develop and release the Formula One DAC), and then into a pair of ML 'stats sounds like FLAC bliss to me. :)
:rocker:
MartinLogan.jpg

They would be awesome PC speakers!

Actually, they're great as mains... we heard them at the ML Meet... and I liked them. Better than the Clarity, hands down... I don't even think it needed a NAC.

Joey

They would be awesome PC speakers!

Actually, they're great as mains... we heard them at the ML Meet... and I liked them. Better than the Clarity, hands down... I don't even think it needed a NAC.

Joey

How much more $$?

$3k I think for the PUrity. $2k for the Source which would be the Clarity direct replacement....hopefully someone will correct me if I am mistaken.

How about a CD player with volume control direct in to the speakers? Can't get and more direct and simple than that. The older Cary 300 series or Accuphase, Mark Levinson, CD players with volume control would be a nice match.

At the ML meet we listened to the Purity played directly from an iPod. While it sounded good, it only sounded as good as an iPod can sound. I'd like to hear these played with an SB3, Transport or other lossless type file source with a good DAC. That would make a nice compact and relatively inexpensive simple system. Tube DAC anyone?

How about a CD player with volume control direct in to the speakers? Can't get and more direct and simple than that. The older Cary 300 series or Accuphase, Mark Levinson, CD players with volume control would be a nice match.

At the ML meet we listened to the Purity played directly from an iPod. While it sounded good, it only sounded as good as an iPod can sound. I'd like to hear these played with an SB3, Transport or other lossless type file source with a good DAC. That would make a nice compact and relatively inexpensive simple system. Tube DAC anyone?

Tubed DAC or Tubed CDP into Purity and call it a day. Yup, can't get any simpler than that.

There was a demo section at the Meet where they played a CDP into a pair of either Purity or Source speakers.... one of the two, I'm no longer sure which. I thought they sounded good and did not have nearly the "vacuum" of sound when you left the sweetspot as do the outgoing Claritys.

Do you guys know if they are both going to fall under the Design series? Or is one the Source a Design series model, and the Purity an ESL series model?

Do you guys know if they are both going to fall under the Design series? Or is one the Source a Design series model, and the Purity an ESL series model?

They're both design series products. When ML was asked why this new powered tower didn't have an XLR input, one of the ML guys replied that that would be reserved for the ESL line... Leading one to believe that they may have plans for more (and bigger :rocker: ) powered towers!

Latest posts

Back