Also had a new auditory experience

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know, James. All those Horses and not a single 911 in the stable? I guess I'm partial to the particular beauty of the 911 body style, as well as the old speedster models. The 928's and 944's etc. never did as much for me. I'm just talking about looks here, as I have never driven any of them. I have no doubt I would enjoy the driving experience of just about any model of Porshe.

I love old classic sports cars. My baby is currently being restored. She is a 1955 Jaguar XK 140 Open Two Seater, just like the one in this picture:

Rich,

LOVE the old Jag! What a beauty! I had a Triumph Spitfire (1980 model, the last year they were built) as my first car back in '82 and just LOVE the British metal! Someday I will have an E-type!

As to the 911 question...I love them but they are not wheelchair friendly and you have to get '90 or newer to even GET and autotrans, and they still don't have much room for a wheelchair! Eventually I will get a 996 or 997 Turbo Tip! Put 800 miles on a friends 01 TT and it was a KICK!

I drive a Trailblazer and who would want to see that. But just to add to the vehicular asylum here is a good friends garage. We are going to the House of Blues Friday here in Cleveland for an Aaron Lewis acoustic set, and taking one of his cars:D

And I thought my garage was bad! This guy and Leno are my heros! Wish I had their BIG BUCKS to play w/ like that because I would do the same thing!

Rich,I had a Triumph Spitfire (1980 model, the last year they were built) as my first car back in '82 QUOTE]

I know I'm feeling old, first car in 1982 !! ready for a laugh...... mine was in 1971, it was a '65 Dodge Coronet, "three-on-the-Tree", bench seat..ahhhh
Sat nite at the Drive-In Theatre, now that was fun ! Shame I was by myself...... only kidding !

My first car was a '66 VW Bug, which I got in 1981. I have always been partial to german engineering. But I do love those old english sports cars. The Triumphs, Jags, Austin Healeys, Aston Martins, etc. are all awesome classic cars.

James, I second your vote for the E-Type. One of the sexiest autos ever conceived, IMHO. It and the 911 have always been my dream cars, that is until I got my XK 140.

Stop!

That looks pretty good!! Is the SS/RS under the cover next to it? That is a hell of a impulse by! You must have been thinking about it for some time and that one just hit the spot at the right time!

We have a couple of C6's in the hood...VERY NICE! They are starting to grow on me (but I don't think the ZO6 C6 ever will...just to ugly for me) but I am still not happy about he copying of the Ferrari 550 headlights...

Nice garage! Here is mine:

STOP! You're making me think about buying another 928. I haven't had one for years, and still miss them. My last was the 928 GT (Manual shift) and even now I can't think of much that would keep up with it.

Cheers,

David

STOP! You're making me think about buying another 928. I haven't had one for years, and still miss them. My last was the 928 GT (Manual shift) and even now I can't think of much that would keep up with it.

Cheers,

David

David,

What year was the GT? The '90/'91 GT's seemed to have motor issues. Almost everyone I have known w/ an S4 GT (if you will allow) has had to replace the motor in that car...not sure what was going on but if you tracked it you put a new motor in it pretty much. The S4's w/ the auto like my '88 have never been a problem and the GTS's have never had problems (other than using a lot of oil) like my '92 (did I mention it is the ONLY 1992 928 in the USA?! :D ) and my '94.

I LOVE 928's so fast and quick too, and what a beautiful classic design that especially in the GTS's STILL does not look outdated! They were SUPER expensive new and now are a freaking steal!

Go on David, just do it...you know you want to!! :devil:

Whaaaaaaaaaat? That's one guy's garage?

That looks like a car show!

*cries*

Take a look at my buddy's garage:

ultimategarage.com

All those Ferrari's are cars that I have worked on...lucky me. Not really.

Take a look at my buddy's garage:

ultimategarage.com

All those Ferrari's are cars that I have worked on...lucky me. Not really.

Very interesting, but I don't understand what they do there? Is it tuning, or is it selling stuff to make your garage the "ULTIMATE"...I am guessing the latter. Love that Ferrari race car w/ the side exhaust that has the tube running off of it. What is that? Is it a 550/575 race car? I always thought those were pretty awesome and boy does that V12 sound GREAT!

Yes, he designs and selsl what you see. He also has a huge BMW parts business. The end result was that he would offer tuning and etc. In the end he sells all the tools there and it works so he can demo using is own car collection. None of those are his though. Just thought you might be interested in it.

David,

What year was the GT? The '90/'91 GT's seemed to have motor issues. Almost everyone I have known w/ an S4 GT (if you will allow) has had to replace the motor in that car...not sure what was going on but if you tracked it you put a new motor in it pretty much. The S4's w/ the auto like my '88 have never been a problem and the GTS's have never had problems (other than using a lot of oil) like my '92 (did I mention it is the ONLY 1992 928 in the USA?! :D ) and my '94.

I LOVE 928's so fast and quick too, and what a beautiful classic design that especially in the GTS's STILL does not look outdated! They were SUPER expensive new and now are a freaking steal!

Go on David, just do it...you know you want to!! :devil:

Mine was the 91 model, but I never had any problems related to the engine. . . . although one or two other bits did fail from time to time.

You're right, I do want to buy another - but the UK doesn't really have anywhere to enjoy them anymore. We have speed cameras all over the country and I just know I wouldn't keep my driving license another 6 months if I have another quick motor!

Cheers,

David

UK doesn't really have anywhere to enjoy them anymore. We have speed cameras all over the country and I just know I wouldn't keep my driving license another 6 months if I have another quick motor!

You must not have tracked yours very much...I have a friend who is a pretty good shoe and he blew up TOW 91' motors and then put a GTS motor in the car and quite taking it to the track! Now he takes his stripped out 84S to the track, and runs about the same lap times w/ less power but lots less weight!

They are GREAT cars, but WAY FAST TOO! I love'em!

Latest posts

Back