A new wrinkle on The Summit.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spoke with Jeff at ML (it appears Jim Powers is out of town) and he said that this is "normal" as the speakers age.

Wow, now we're getting some fresh news ! Normal, huh ? After 1 year, and in a 5 digit cost speaker ? This guy is nuts. My 16 year old panels are not normal, then. I guess there's no way to substitute Jim...

Wow, now we're getting some fresh news ! Normal, huh ? After 1 year, and in a 5 digit cost speaker ? This guy is nuts. My 16 year old panels are not normal, then. I guess there's no way to substitute Jim...

Hola...once I had a similar problem and I did cure it with the aid of a hair dryer. All panels are hand made, and the plastic diaphragm produce this wrinkles once and then and good for us, it is not so frequent. ML does not know when this is going to happen. The good news are that we can fix it with no problem besides that it does not represent any problem for the sound, only cosmetic. Don´t get me wrong...I don´t like wrinkles eather, but this problem is out of ML hands or ours. It just happens, even that ML invented the vacuum bonding for uniform the entire surface of panel´s diaphragm to its frame. Happy listening,
Roberto.

I've been busy and haven't had the opportunity to give Jim Powers a call, but I will soon because the faint wrinkles above the main seem to be getting worse, or at least my perception of them is getting worse. I can see them from 15 ft away.

I've been busy and haven't had the opportunity to give Jim Powers a call, but I will soon because the faint wrinkles above the main seem to be getting worse, or at least my perception of them is getting worse. I can see them from 15 ft away.
Hola...it happens the same thing to me...if I find a problem, I can´t take it away, until I repair it or change it...and every time I am going to use it, always look at the place where the problem is. Yes, talk to Jim, I think he is going to advise you the same thing that he did to me...hairdryer...happy listening,
Roberto.:musicnote:

I have the same wrinkle in the bottom right corner of one of my summits. Just for curiosity what is the serial number or your speaker... mine is pretty low.

Back