What do you make/build/create

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK Jerry, if there was a award to give I think you just knabbed it!:bowdown::rocker: Beautiful home. Have you done any in the Chicago area?

Doug - out

Jerry,

That is GORGEOUS! We have some nice homes where I live (not mine so much, but my neighbors! LOL!) that are very nice but not quite up to your standards! That is awesome!

I have created a couple of things since I have been out of work since Dec...

I have designed (with input from a few others too) a high end limited edition 928 wrist watch with a Swiss auto movement. Watch (other than movement) is made in Germany...fitting I thought! Waiting on the prototype now.

I created a DVD documentary about the Porsche 928. I shot, stared in, edited, etc. etc. this product. 55 min long and I have sold about 100 copies. All the folks that have seen it have been MOST IMPRESSED! So that makes me feel pretty good.

Also for my 928 buddies I created a calendar... "High Heels & Hot Wheels 2010". I shot this and compiled it but I had photoshop wizard friends add the text and clean up the pics. Here are a few examples...

Attachments

• Ariya-84 S4 Venetian Blue IMG_2923-v3.jpg
    Ariya-84 S4 Venetian Blue IMG_2923-v3.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 255
  • KellyShiratMar-v7.jpg
    KellyShiratMar-v7.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 254
  • Cover - IMG_0621-v5.jpg
    Cover - IMG_0621-v5.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 256
OK Jerry, if there was a award to give I think you just knabbed it!:bowdown::rocker: Beautiful home. Have you done any in the Chicago area?

Doug - out

Thanks for the compliments guys. Sorry I have never built in the Chicago area, but I am open to it if anyone wants one to order. Now is an ideal time, prices will never be this low! Actually most of the homes I have built are a bit more modest such as this one....

Attachments

• housefront.jpg
    housefront.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 235
This is a home office I did for one of my favorite clients in a new house they were building quite a few years ago. The cabinet work is Lacewood veneer, gold leaf, ebonized poplar inlay and Travertine marble.
The door way you see at the end of the room is a 1/2 bath that matched the cabinetwork and trim of the main room.

I also built a 24' tall entertainment cabinet in the living room, dining room tables & buffets and bedroom furniture.

About a year after completing the project. I built a desk to go in the master bedroom on the first floor as the owner said he never went up stairs to use the office.

The room had not been furnished by the interior designer so it looks a bit sparse.

All of the pictures of my past work is negatives/prints. I decided to see if they could be scanned into the computer. It worked better than I thought it would.

Attachments

• scan0010 (Medium).jpg
    scan0010 (Medium).jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 259
  • scan0011 (Medium).jpg
    scan0011 (Medium).jpg
    52 KB · Views: 253
  • scan0012 (Medium).jpg
    scan0012 (Medium).jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 253
  • scan0016 (Medium).jpg
    scan0016 (Medium).jpg
    47 KB · Views: 257
  • scan0013 (Medium).jpg
    scan0013 (Medium).jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 253
quite the crew of accomplished gentleman! nice work.

all the projects ive built pale in comparison.

And I was thinking that I did a pretty good job just building the crate from scratch to ship the Logos.......Woah was I mistaken.:D

Well from my screen name it should be pretty obvious. While I have worked in most genres my passion has always been black & white infrared landscapes.

Attachments

• Castlelight-copy.jpg
    Castlelight-copy.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 213
  • Denise6_copy.jpg
    Denise6_copy.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 216
  • Dinan37-copy.jpg
    Dinan37-copy.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 214
  • IMPlegs-copy.jpg
    IMPlegs-copy.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 214
  • twigmtn.jpg
    twigmtn.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 215
Actually I would rather see the blond blow us a kiss than see Jimna tip his hat.:D

In fact, I thought I saw her with Tiger Woods.

All in all everything here is very, very nice, it is a very interesting group we have here.

Last edited:
While my outdoor garden railroad is out of service for the winter mother nature provided a nice blanket of white........biggest December snowstorm of all time for Philly...22.3 inches, only about 16-18" for us in the Western 'burbs.

Attachments

• IMG_0019.jpg
    IMG_0019.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_0020.jpg
    IMG_0020.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 162
Here is a Custom Mahogany & Red Cedar Amp Platform I built for a friend of mine to support his Pass Labs X350.5 Amp. It measurs 22" wide, 22.5" long and 3.5" Thick. I’ve beveled the top and routed a V groove around the outside center section between the Mahogany & Cedar. I applied 3 coats of polyurethane on it. It has custom Solid Brass feet measuring 3" in diameter and 4" tall. The cone section is adjustable for leveling. It can support over 400lbs. It weighs a whopping 49lbs! I plan on building more custom wood platforms for sale as I get my woodshop equipped. I’ve had a desire to do woodwork for several years and now have the time to devote to it. If anyone is interested in a custom platform for any of your equipment please talk to me and I’ll be more than happy to build one for you.

MC_Amp_Platform_a.jpg

MC_Amp_Platform_b.jpg

MC_Amp_Platform_c.jpg

MC_Amp_Platform_d.jpg

Last edited:
Back