Zebra car of my own

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joey_V said:
I noticed that your handwriting looks a lot like my Dad's. The E's are eeriely similar...

Just had to post this odd observation. ;)
It's what happens when someone with once perfect architectural lettering honed after many years of practice learns AutoCad and writes in haste.:D

Your dad was an engineer who spent a little time on the old drawing board per-chance?

I once dated a woman (this was 25 years ago) who had gone to the best private schools and colleges, her lettering alone was enough for me to fall in love with her. Nice lettering is a lost art in the western world.:cool:

kach22i said:
It's what happens when someone with once perfect architectural lettering honed after many years of practice learns AutoCad and writes in haste.:D

Your dad was an engineer who spent a little time on the old drawing board per-chance?

I once dated a woman (this was 25 years ago) who had gone to the best private schools and colleges, her lettering alone was enough for me to fall in love with her. Nice lettering is a lost art in the western world.:cool:

Wow... my dad IS an engineer. Freaky....

You guys are like a cult.

You should see my handwriting, I'm trying to perfect the MD chicken scratch. I'm getting there! :D

TomDac said:
don't forget about the gigantic exhaust pipe. That's a must!

:D
I drove through Indiana last weekend, I guess it's popular to have exhaust stacks sticking straight up like a big rig on your small truck.

So 80's. :D

The 80's...

kach22i said:
I drove through Indiana last weekend, I guess it's popular to have exhaust stacks sticking straight up like a big rig on your small truck.

So 80's. :D

Ahhh the 80's... Yes, when all the fixed up muscle cars were all originally from the seventies and sixties, with little or no smog equipment attached to the engine. Wasn't Joey born in the eighties... :p :D

So kach22i, what are your new plans for your Zebra car? A Wing or two and what else? The Zebra needs some getty-up, don't you think? Please promise me you won't put one of those engines in her, which is compatable to be run on gasoline or ethenol. :eek:

Robin said:
Craig,

kach22i's Zebra herd would then qualify to be in Mutual Of Omaha's - "Wild Kingdom". :D I would paid good money to see a pack of Zebra auto's speeding down the road being chased by police cars... :D

I'm in Omaha!!!

When I get teeth on my hovercraft, it's going to be a lot of fun towing. Right now this combination is enough to stop traffic.
:D

My old teeth went with the old skirt.

Attachments

• Towing-2.jpg
    Towing-2.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 64
The old skirt was fun too, my you have large teeth grandma.:D

Attachments

• kach22i-1.JPG
    kach22i-1.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 66
Inspirtaion is of course the WWII Flying Tigers, and the Vietnam era hovercraft.

Attachments

• Hovercraftteeth2.jpg
    Hovercraftteeth2.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 63
My What Big Teeth You Have...

Joey_V said:
Kachi,

Im voting you as the coolest MLO member!
kach22i,

How totally fun... I love it! :D With the Zebra Car pulling your toothy hoover machine, excellent! :D

Joey,

I second your nomination, kach22i is the coolest and boy does he know how to have fun... :D :D

Thanks guys, if you are ever in Michigan look me up and I'll give you a ride. :)

Hoover Craft

kach22i said:
Thanks guys, if you are ever in Michigan look me up and I'll give you a ride. :)

Interesting Recreational Hoover Craft...

Can the Hoover Craft go on the surface of water or is it strictly a land based Hoover machine? Is the Hoover Craft very loud? Do you have to wear you hair up when going for a ride because of the engine? I take it you couldn't wear anything, which could fly back and get sucked into the engine? :confused:

It sure looks like alot of fun. :D How many time have you taken the Hoover Craft out for a spin?

Last edited:
If it wouldn't be too much trouble, I need a Zebra Car & HooverCraft up-date...

kach22i,

My allergies are getting me down today... so I was just wondering if you could please give me (us) a Zebra car / HooverCraft up date to lift my (our) spirits... :D
Additionally, I wanted to ask - did you need to modify or fabricate a special tailer for the HooverCraft? Also, did you give the HooverCraft a name? Have you had any offers, requests or unusual comments / situations come-up regarding the Zebra car / HooverCraft since you owned them?

Robin said:
up date to lift my (our) spirits... :D
Some hovercraft events are listed here:
http://www.hoverclubofamerica.org/Events/index.html

You may notice a lack of West Coast activities in the list above. It's a long story, but I suggest you contact one of the people in the links below for the west coast and Alaska.

http://members.aol.com/sevtec/sev/skmr.html

http://www.amphibiousmarine.com/

No offers to buy the car, still getting smiles from people of all ages. Sometimes I can hear little kids remarks "O"......"Oh", and sometimes mothers in their front yard with kids will point and shout to the kids to look at that funny car.

My special rivets came in from Stadium Hardware, I'm going to pick up an air riveter from Harbor Feight and a compressor from a buddy. This is an extra measure as I don't quite trust my untested roof tape mastic on the skirt. Anyone else would of used two part rubber raft glue, I had to try something new - it's an experiment ya know.

I have been informed of a suitable large abandoned parking lot 30 minutes away for testing the skirt on land. This will also help verify that my skirt drain holes are properly located. The drain holes are important in a bag skirt system, a finger skirt like the old original black skirt does not have them. It's another new to me aspect I'm learning about.

Hovercraft, not Hoovercraft........................it blows air not sucks air. :)

I feels good to discuss the Zebra car and Hovercarft...

kach22i,

Thank you very much for the up-date. And just as I thought, I feel better. My spirits are lifted. :D :p :)

It Look Thrilling!

kach22i,

The Hovercraft looks to be going about 30 mph...? :eek: Were you just using an abandon road for your test, on a college campus or something? The Zebra car seems to be handling the towing work rather well I think... :D

:D Looks like a lot of fun! :p

Latest posts

Back