Zebra car of my own

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

kach22i

Reaction score
I did it, after many years of dreaming about it - daring myself, I went and did it.

It's not a Land Rover on African Safari, but I can pretend.

Ingredients: One 16 year old Geo Tracker - black. 10 of the cheapest gloss white spray paint cans I could find, and one gloss black no-name can. Three rolls of the cheapest masking tape and some Naval jelly for the rust.

I still need to do some touch up and clean off the old tape glue with mineral spirts, but it's done and I can now focus on other things.

If it were not windy (gusty 10 mph) and if I used the good paint and good 3M tape it, could of came out much nicer. For all the work involved would of been worth it to tape it and have a professional spray it. The next $700 car I do this to will be better - might even fix those rust holes. ;)

kach22i

Reaction score
Up close it's still nasty. :cool:

I drove it around town today - lots of looks and smiles. :)

SugarMedia

Reaction score
All you need now is personalized plates.
2cool4u

Last edited:

kach22i

Reaction score
Robin said:
Dude, You should go into business, although I have one word for you, "Bondo". :D
Those aren't rust holes anymore, they are close encounters with a Rhino.

Genuine Rhino hits I tell ya, it's worth more now. :D

Robin

Reaction score
The Zebra vs the Rhino

kach22i said:
Those aren't rust holes anymore, they are close encounters with a Rhino.

Genuine Rhino hits I tell ya, it's worth more now. :D
You're got one - Wild and Wooly - Zebra automobile, thats for sure... :D

Craig

Reaction score
You need to convince about 10 of your friends to do the same thing. Then you could all speed down the interstate as a pack. The cops would get confused and would be unable to focus on a single car to pull over. Don't be the slow one though.

Robin

Reaction score
Marlin Perkins

Craig said:
You need to convince about 10 of your friends to do the same thing. Then you could all speed down the interstate as a pack. The cops would get confused and would be unable to focus on a single car to pull over. Don't be the slow one though.
Craig,

kach22i's Zebra herd would then qualify to be in Mutual Of Omaha's - "Wild Kingdom". :D I would paid good money to see a pack of Zebra auto's speeding down the road being chased by police cars... :D

kach22i

Reaction score
Robin said:
Craig,

kach22i's Zebra herd would then qualify to be in Mutual Of Omaha's - "Wild Kingdom". :D I would paid good money to see a pack of Zebra auto's speeding down the road being chased by police cars... :D
Does O.J. still have that white Bronco? :D

Peter Hogan

Reaction score
Robin said:
Craig,

Yes, but would the black and white of the police cars simply qualify as more zebra cars, but with very wide stripes?

Peter

kach22i

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can pick up a cheap aftermarket ricer wing?

I only need the straight horizontal wing/ rear spoiler and side winglet parts, not the vertical support struts.

Used and slighly damaged for $20, not new for $200.

Robin

Reaction score
A Real Zebra Bucking Bronco...

Your wings will make your Zebra turn into a real bucking bronco, Zebra style in a wild sort of way. :)
The only thing left to do is to install a corvette - 427 engine that's - built, blown and injected... Your Zebra will be able to flee anything on the road. :D

kach22i

Reaction score
Robin said:
Your wings will make your Zebra turn into a real bucking bronco, Zebra style in a wild sort of way. :)
The only thing left to do is to install a corvette - 427 engine that's - built, blown and injected... Your Zebra will be able to flee anything on the road. :D
Are you a mind reader?

My old sketch included lowering the roof Hot Rod style. :)

Attachments

Robin

Reaction score
Zebra Super Powered Tracker...

Your drawing plans are cool. I think its a great plan to make the Zebra fleet of foot... :) The body looks pretty light, so a muscle car engine would give your Zebra raw power to run with anything on the road... ;) Lets just say it the Zebra would be the leader of the pack. Maybe someday the Zebras' power dreams will become reality.

twich54

Forum Administrator
Reaction score
You know with a light bar on top of that rig the California Highway Patrol might press you into service !!

Joey_V

Reaction score
I noticed that your handwriting looks a lot like my Dad's. The E's are eeriely similar...

Just had to post this odd observation. ;)