Your best ML speaker moment so far...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin

Reaction score
I was just sitting here reminiscing about my ML speakers, and how much sonic pleasure, I have had in the last two years... I guess, I'm feeling thankful too.

Personally, the best moment for me, was the first time I listened to all of my ML speakers, powered through my Anthem P5 amplifier... :D What a wonderful delightful sound, a great memory too... ;)

So, What has been the very best moment for you with your ML speakers?

Cheers

-Robin

Robin said:
I was just sitting here reminiscing about my ML speakers, and how much sonic pleasure, I have had in the last two years... I guess, I'm feeling thankful too.

Personally, the best moment for me, was the first time I listened to all of my ML speakers, powered through my Anthem P5 amplifier... :D What a wonderful delightful sound, a great memory too... ;)

Cheers

-Robin
Hola Robin...I have being telling this story long time ago and I going to tell it again once more. My first contac with ML was at the SCES in 87. Mussatex was showing their goods with a pair of CLSs...I was walking with my dad and looking all the booths that were at the Continental Hotel...and then I listened the most clean sound coming from Mussatex Audio. I said to my dad, that´s what I´m looking and went into the booth, they where playing some Vivaldi music, and I sow the CLSs for the first time in person...wow!!! Cupid, the little love angel hit me since...I´m still in love with them. The CLSs are not for everybody, very difficult to set them, and on the other hand, the less colored speakers that I have ever heard. They do depend a lot of the quality of your electronics and cables, and also are very sensitive to the quality of the recordings. I do know also that all ML speakers are special...all of them have them magic that we as users, are so crazy about them...now I´m playing with Mping discs (Shun Mook) and I´m discovering different things at the recordings that sounds different now and much better to my liking. ML is great! Happy listening,
Pura vida,
Roberto. :D

The BEST is yet to come...:)..however,..

Robin said:

Cheers

-Robin

Hi Robin,

Well, I can truly say the best moment for me is NOW..I mean with the recent Plinius amplification set-up and the cd player (my set-up below). It is very true the Ascents are amp friendly BUT the better you give it the better it gives you..:)..The possibilities are virtually endless..and the speaker performs
way above its 'price' when you are generous with the ancilliaries around it.
It reveals every nuance and detail and acts as a very transparent window to the music.

Looking at the new Vantage, I don't think it will be as good a value as its predecessor, the Ascent. A smaller woofer, a relatively smaller panel and the weight less by almost 10kg !! eventhough there's a built in woofer amp..the price has also increased to $5k..!!

I 'd advise anyone with an Ascent to hold on to them tooth & nail or upgrade
to a used Prodigy etc..

Happy Listening

AP

Back