why Tweeter and Magnolia do not stock the CLX

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its not that it will sell alot its that as a good sales man I would use it as a selling tool.

I totally agree with you on this Jeff. However that set up at Magnolia was damn good and you were there. They could have the CLX easily and use it as a selling point. As for Tweeter we do not even have them hear in MI.

Agreed on Magnolia...

Best audio store in the twin cities maybe in the Mid West
Audio Perfection. I spent a good day there. Great guys and great selection

So, what do you call "Midwest?" This term varies greatly depending on one's location and/or perspective. For example, I call Colorado "Midwest." :D

Last edited:
I have news for you guys salesman don't sell martin logan speakers. if it was up to the sales d**k's you find at any of these shops martin logan would have been out of biz long ago. its the sound and the look that makes the sale and customer turnover and ex poser is what they need. many people with money to burn never make it to the high end shops. that's all I am saying

Not all of MartinLogans dealers (or anyone elses) are terrible. Granted, the good ones are a little harder to find, but MartinLogan wouldn't be the size they are without some strong dealers to properly demo and support their products.

I've been to a number of excellent dealers around the country, so your analysis is a little bit off.

And their sales reps are excellent. I've learned more than a few tricks from my local rep, Harvey Gilbert and I've had ML's (as well as almost every other panel speaker) on and off for 25 years now.

Last edited:
did not say anything about the martin logan staff just that most sales men I run into when it comes to HI FI are fairly bad and that's a shame because just recently they scared of a good friend of mine who was interested in buying some entry level gear but is easily turned of by smug self absorbed salesmen.

did not say anything about the martin logan staff just that most sales men I run into when it comes to HI FI are fairly bad and that's a shame because just recently they scared of a good friend of mine who was interested in buying some entry level gear but is easily turned of by smug self absorbed salesmen.

Perhaps your friend had an experience like this? :)

More seriously, it's a shame that this sort of thing goes on...

Magnolia? Strange name for a hi-fi store, to say the least. Good film, though:D

Magnolia was a small chain of stores in the northwest part of the country that Best Buy bought, so they could take the name national.

I was in a magnolia part of the Best Buy store in Maple Grove MN. Is that the same one you're talking about C.A.P.? If it is, then the MG store is horrendous. Purity and Source were the only ML models they have. I've never seen McIntosh near a best buy. Is Magnolia a separate company that sells some stuff in some best buys?

Also, I worked at a retail that sold Mid-high MLs and Krell and Sunfire too. Trickle down happened once in a while, but mostly the people that came into that store were offended if I mentioned and wanted to demo the high end pieces.

ben

Select Sound Advice stores in Florida were Mac dealers. Soon after SA was purchased by Tweeter Inc., Mac pulled both their home and mobile lines out of SA, because they didn't want Tweeter ruining them.

Perhaps your friend had an experience like this? :)

More seriously, it's a shame that this sort of thing goes on...

that was so funny :ROFL: but so true that is what many salesmen do to new customers but without the smile on there faces

Ding, ding, ding.

They don't sell the necessary amps to even drive these speakers. Keep the ML flagship speakers at reputable dealers that have trained and knowledgeable staff members.

i completely agree with this,but like to take it futher,tweeter and magnolia dont have the necessary amps and trained staff to even sell the entry level of ml.

tweeter and magnolia dont have the necessary amps and trained staff to even sell the entry level of ml.

I wholeheartly agree, but given CAP's and TonePub's favorable listening of the CLX's in the Pac NW I'm willing to give Magnolia the benefit of the doubt in that part of the country (I believe it's origin).

As for what I have seen at a recent unveiling of a Magnolia here in Delaware (Concord Pike location), OMG, what a joke !!!

Latest posts

Back