Where did you mount your Scripts?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

68sting

Reaction score
I'm finaly getting around to finishing my theater room and wanted to know where you mounted your scripts. Let me know height and location from your seating position. Dolby recommends rears to be above ear level but I'm not sure I like them at that height. Let me know your thoughts.

thanks
Lance

I don't recommend using dolby's recommendations for the scripts. An electrostatic speaker is a line source, so sound radiates linearly in the vertical axis, meaning it doesn't spread out like a point source speaker. Thus, mounting them above ear height would not work, unless you had someway of tilting the speakers forward from the wall (which would create its own host of problems). Most people I know that own scripts have them mounted so the middle of the electrostatic panel is at ear level. That is what I would recommend.

Then again, you can hang them from the ceiling like Robin. ;)

The bottom of my Script cabinets are mounted 29 1/2 inches from the floor. This places most of the panels above my seated ear level. These speakers are on the sides, and to the rear. Not sure how I chose that height, but they disappear for surround sound from my Lexicon DC-2 processor for movies and music. You may just want to experiment with placement.
Torry V.

The bottom of my scripts are also 29" above the floor, The two surrounds are directly to the sides of the main listening position, and the rears are behind the chair. As tav1 said they just disappear in the movies, but I have ducked once or twice when something flew overhead.

I don't recommend using dolby's recommendations for the scripts. An electrostatic speaker is a line source, so sound radiates linearly in the vertical axis, meaning it doesn't spread out like a point source speaker. Thus, mounting them above ear height would not work, unless you had someway of tilting the speakers forward from the wall (which would create its own host of problems). Most people I know that own scripts have them mounted so the middle of the electrostatic panel is at ear level. That is what I would recommend.

Then again, you can hang them from the ceiling like Robin. ;)

I would have to agree with Rich. The owner’s manual for the Script’s say to mount them so that the middle of the electrostatic panel is at ear level. That is how I mount mine and they sound great. Here is my floor layout with a reference picture.

Room.gif

DSC_0067.jpg

Ear height best

HI

Because of the layout of the room and WAF, I had to place my two logos in the ceiling. It gives a very different and unusual sound, which I actually don't prefer.

My understanding is that the ear is shaped in a unique way to facilitate hearing ahead of you. YMMV, but the side surrounds will sound different placed directly to the sides of your ears vs just a couple of feet in front. (my preference)

If you have the luxury and 7.1, I would place it sligthly in front. 5.1, directly to the side. However your ears will tell you what you prefer best!

Latest posts

Back