What's Spinning?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did some listening last night, wife was home so no Led Zep or anything rough.

1. Buddy DeFranko - Sweet and Lovely (MGV-8224)

2. Peggy Lee/ George Shearing - Beauty and the Beat

3. Della Reese - Della (RCA-Victor "Living Stereo" with miracle surface 317X)

Della sang the phrase "LaLaPalouza" in the song "Thou Shall", what does it mean?

Here a some recent listens that stood out muisically and sonicly:

Neil Young - After the Gold Rush (LP)
Beatles - Let It Be (LP)
Booker T and the M.G.'s - Green Onions (LP)

This morning before work Joni Mitchell Blue CD
Right now Natilie Merchant TigerLily CD

A Little Stress Relief.

In the Nursery - Duality
Jack Johnson - In Between Dreams (rerun for some of you)
Luna - Bewitched

Last edited:
Last night in the dark.....Leon and Eric Bib.../ A Family Affair. A father and son making music together. After listening to this i felt GOOD.

Last edited:
Here are a couple real nice ones:

Mal Waldron David Friesen - Dedication
Cannonball Adderly - The Cannonball Adderley Quintet & Orchestra

lollapalooza

kach22i said:
Della sang the phrase "LaLaPalouza" in the song "Thou Shall", what does it mean?

Here you go:

lol·la·pa·loo·za also lal·la·pa·loo·za
n. Slang
Something outstanding of its kind.

[Origin unknown.]

Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

Thanks SteveInNC, I've always wondered why they called that concert series that.

Now I know.

I bet its of French origin, but could be very wrong.

Just listened to

Kooper Session - Al Kooper introduces Shuggie Otis; CS 9951

Wow!!! What a recording on a Columbia two eye LP I picked up for 33 cents!!! Shuggie played a mean guitar for a 15 year old!!!!

Prog night !

Right now:

- King Crimson "Lizard" (LP)

Next:

- King Crimson "In the Wake of Poseidon" (LP)
- Änglagärd "Hybris" (CD)

This afternoon:

- R.E.M. "Around the Sun"

Right now:

- Roger Waters "Amused to Death"

Cheers !

This morning:

- Nick Drake "Way to Blue - An Introduction to Nick Drake" (CD)

Right now:

- Mozart Symphonies Nos. 40 & 41, A.S.M. & Sir Neville Marriner (CD)

Next:

- Jack Johnson "In Between Dreams" (CD)

Cheers !

This morning, Ren'ee Geyer "tenderland". ABC music.2003. By the way Kaliar, you seem to have a fairly elective range of music, have you had any experience with Mappleshade recordings. I ran into their website by accident. In one of the reviews they were describing the owners system and it consisted of ML CLS 11. I thought their recordings may sound ok through Logans. Regards jonnyb.

Played some old Beetles stuff (CD), first time since I've gone tube - almost forgot how good the fab four were - like the first time all over again. Time to clean off the vinyl versions. :)

jonnyb said:
This morning, Ren'ee Geyer "tenderland". ABC music.2003. By the way Kaliar, you seem to have a fairly elective range of music, have you had any experience with Mappleshade recordings. I ran into their website by accident. In one of the reviews they were describing the owners system and it consisted of ML CLS 11. I thought their recordings may sound ok through Logans. Regards jonnyb.
Hi jonnyb,

Sorry, I have no experience yet with Mapleshade Records ! But I'll certainly take a look at their website. Any suggestions ?

Regards,

Hi Kaliar, the website is mapleshaderecords.com. If you click on "about us" then at the bottom of page there are some reviews. The one "Audiophile voice" is quite interesting.Also the "Baltimore Sun" review. You can also listen to samples of their music....Regards jonnyb....p.s. i think i will order a couple of cd's anyway just out of curiosity.

Last edited:
Back