Vantage HELP!!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wrat

Reaction score
So this am I turned the system on using amazon prime music for some background noise and I was mortified something was VERY amiss NO high frequencies and very boxy, start checking things wires amps sources etc no joy something is very wrong , vacuumed them no joy, pulled jumper to see if the panels were even working they are BUT very reduced output, pulled out another pair of non Logans to see if they were working properly they did, called ML they are unsure of what I have going on because LAST NIGHT all was well no power outages no spikes etc, they think it MIGHT be the high voltage power supplies so I ordered 2 BUT they are not sure thats what it is ....DAMN

Bummer, not much more to add on the troubleshooting front. Other than double checking the outlets the Vantages are plugged into to make sure they have AC voltage. The breaker for the circuit could have tripped.

Beware of static discharge INTO the panel(!)
If you have carpets prone to static they can pack a wallop under certain circumstances (or even synthetic clothes). Typical effect might be to damage the sensors which automatically de-activate the HT supply to the panel or even the HT supply itself in which case you will need replacement PCBs.

This could also accidentally happen if you decided to decorate the room and protect the panels by covering them with brand new polythene bags i.e. when opened the bags usually build up a huge charge. Applying them directly to the stators could be catastrophic.

Hope you get this problem resolved quickly.

Last edited:
Bummer, not much more to add on the troubleshooting front. Other than double checking the outlets the Vantages are plugged into to make sure they have AC voltage. The breaker for the circuit could have tripped.
Quite strange actually turned out to be the outlets BUT not because the breaker tripped the outlets the speakers were plugged into in the surge protector were bad, just moved them over one and viola.... threw the whole thing out and got a new one

Latest posts

Back