UGH, Mosaic Drk Mahogany Discontinued....HELP?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Restless.Times

OK, I found out that the Drk Mahogany has been discontinued and ML has no A Stock left and 1 pair of B Stock. My dealer told me he could sell the B Stock item to me for $1600. Now, the salesman that demo(ed) the speakers told me that Mosaics were $1795 new. This guy says the $1795 price is for Cherry or Black and the Drk Mahogany is/was $1995, so at $1600 it is a 20% savings on the B Stock item. Can Anyone confirm this (the $1795 vs $1995)?

With a little luck I found a pair of Drk Mahogany Dealer Demos for $1400 but they have a few blemishes (see pics below). Are those worth $1400?

Magnolia has the Cherry on sale this week for $1600. Decisions Decisions

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 185
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 152
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 152
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 157
The Cherry is 1995... dont know what he means by it being 1795 and the mahogany being 1995.. as far as I know, they are all 1995.

I would go brand new if possible, unless you cant live with the cherry veneer at all.

There has been a price drop. The Mosaics are now 1795 and the Montage are now 1295. That is the price list effective April 1.

Restless.Times said:
OK, I found out that the Drk Mahogany has been discontinued and ML has no A Stock left and 1 pair of B Stock. My dealer told me he could sell the B Stock item to me for $1600. Now, the salesman that demo(ed) the speakers told me that Mosaics were $1795 new. This guy says the $1795 price is for Cherry or Black and the Drk Mahogany is/was $1995, so at $1600 it is a 20% savings on the B Stock item. Can Anyone confirm this (the $1795 vs $1995)?

With a little luck I found a pair of Drk Mahogany Dealer Demos for $1400 but they have a few blemishes (see pics below). Are those worth $1400?

Magnolia has the Cherry on sale this week for $1600. Decisions Decisions

Start looking on the internet. I would hit www.audiogon.com first as that is the best site out there for buying/selling Hi Fi equipment. The audio bluebook shows a used price average of $1610.00 but also has the statement of "Not enough data to graph". I would not give any credance to the $1610.00 price as a result. The damage shown in those photos would steer me away only because I like things to be in "Prestine" condition. I can only imagine some pimpled faced kid lugging them in the back room and banging them into stuff with no care in the world about consequences. Just my 2 cents... :eek:

Audiogon Seconded!

Hi,

I would sencond that audiogon recommendation, your ML dealer can't expect you to pay more than $1200 for a banged-up pair of speakers. I've seen mint mosaics go for 1K on audiogon.

Well, I didn't go with the ones in the picture. I called my dealer here locally again, and he said he could get that last set that Martin Logan has (B stock) and sell them to me for 1500, discounted from 1995.

The new price of 1795 that is effective April 1, is for the Cherry and Black. The Magohany, being that it is not currently available, was discounted from the 1995 that it sold for.

He also said that the guy at ML said there is nothing that is obvious, but if I don't like them when I see them I am not obligated.

I thought about Audiogon, but warranties are not transferable. At least with the B Stock item from ML, I can still get the 5 year warranty. With audiogon you are paying for something as is, and if there is an issue you are stuck paying for it

Latest posts

Back