Transparent MusicWave Super biwires, is this a good deal?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolcobramatt

Reaction score
12 foot and bi wired, no kinks or tears in the cable covers, some scratches on the spades and the boxes (bananas in great shape on the speaker end), but other than cosmetics, claimed to be perfect working order. These are the older square boxes, and I am not too familiar with Transparent's line, but I have heard alot of good things about them and I think the Supers are some of their better models. The guy is going to take $425 shipped. Can someone check the Agon Blue Book for me and see if this is a good or bad deal?

Also, anyone used these on their ML's? Love to get some feedback before I sink hundreds of dollars into a used set of cables. I've never found the Blue Heavens or Red Dawns I was thinking of buying first.

Help!

I used Transparent Music Wave Plus on my Ascent is. I found them somewhat laid-back, as opposed to bright and in-your-face. I know I bought them new (10 ft bi-wire pair) for about 1100 big ones. Try them. You'll probably like them. BTW, currently, I'm using AQ Mont Blanc single-wire cables. I see no reason to run bi-wires on Summits. I'm still using the Transparents in a secondary system and I still like them.

Hello Matt,

I have a Transparent Audio price list, vintage 2003 that says the Music Wave Super Bi-wire, 12-foot length listed for $1895.00. I think this is for the newer model with the oval shaped network boxes.

I have not used Transparent cables, but have used many models of MIT cables, which are similar in design. In my experience even recent models of MIT cables sell used for less than half of the retail value, so $425 would be the upper limit of what I would pay.

In terms of sound, the MIT cables tend to "smooth out the sound." I used them to tame the overly aggressive treble caused by an inexpensive CD player, and it did that job well. Ironically, I did not find the MITs to be the most transparent sounding. ;)

Despite this, I liked how the MITs sounded, somewhat warm and rich, emphasizing the body of music. They just don't do the air and shimmering treble thing as well as something like Kimber.

Hope this helps.

Bob R.

Back