TONEAudio is giving away a pair of ML Electromotion ESL's for Christmas...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonepub

Reaction score
In case you're interested...

One lucky person will get a pair of ElectroMotion ESL speakers for Christmas, the same pair that we used for the review earlier this year. They are fully broken in, and in spotless condition. They will carry the full ML warranty from the day you register them.

Give us a "like" on Facebook and #2500 will win the speakers. We're at #695 now.

http://www.facebook.com/TONEPUB2

ML has given us the speakers and we'll pay the shipping in the continental US. Winner will be announced Dec. 10 so you can have em in time for the holiday season...

Do I have a better chance of winning if I'm in Portland and you wouldn't have to ship them? LOL

Thanks for the likes, you guys. We are up above 1400, so getting closer.

As for the posting, the magazine is really growing and I'm traveling a lot. I haven't really been posting much of anywhere and on a certain level, don't feel I really have that much to contribute - we put everything into the magazine and the website. Arguing with the same six people that think I'm dishonest or don't really know what I'm talking about just really takes all of the fun out of this and I don't have enough hours in the day as it is. But thank you for the word of confidence.

If there are ever any questions that I can answer, please feel free to email, or drop a note on our Facebook page. So far that has been very civil.

And again, thank you for the support on FB, this will certainly lead to ML/Paradigm contributing more in the future.

Take care and have a good holiday season!

Arguing with the same six people that think I'm dishonest or don't really know what I'm talking about just really takes all of the fun out of this and I don't have enough hours in the day as it is. But thank you for the word of confidence.

I just do not think that is a fair statement, all things considered and being as objective about it as possible.

The simple fact is you upset a lot of people.

Jeff clarified on the SteveHoffman page that the winner will be picked by drawing once they hit 2500. He will print all 2500 names, put them in some container and have the name pulled from that.

Jeff clarified on the SteveHoffman page that the winner will be picked by drawing once they hit 2500. He will print all 2500 names, put them in some container and have the name pulled from that.

That makes more sense.

Thanks for the clarification Luther. I was thinking the same thing as amey01.

I just do not think that is a fair statement, all things considered and being as objective about it as possible.

The simple fact is you upset a lot of people.

I don't know but have followed many threads over a period of time and it seemed he took a lot more than he gave, just my opinion.

"Objective" is a funny word that has way to many different meanings
and a cop out. See that all the time on numerous sites.

So many times it seems people get on each other about different speakers etc. and then it's " oh just making fun".
Yeah right, just pumping out their chest and easy to read in to.

By the way, are you one of the six;)

Best,Bob

I'm not going to support or diss Jeff.

He was / is in a unique position given his current situation. That cuts both ways.

I recall getting upset with Jeff about a generalization he made regarding Pass Labs amps. I'm a big PL amp fan. I also found some of his insights that supported my personal experiences. So be it and frankly, so what?

Justin said he upset many people. Again, so what. I don't believe he had an agenda (he's not selling gear and I generally believe people are well intentioned unless conclusively proven otherwise) and was merely sharing his experiences / recommendations based on his position / opportunity to review a plethora of gear.

Regardless of whether I agreed or disagreed with Jeff's position, I personally felt it was a "better informed" perspective (albeit subjective like all of our opinions) than most of us have to offer given his access to a wide range of hardware.

I'm sorry that he no longer participates on this forum but certainly understand the reason for his decision. He has a business to run and I personally wish him the best.

GG

PS: Bob, IMO and with all due respect, the word "objective", when used within the context of audio opinions, is an oxymoron. This statement assumes that one does not "buy into" the brain dead position espoused by Ethan Winer and others, that measurements are all that matter. All of our auditory insights are, by nature, subjective.

Last edited:
Jeff I didnt see this. Wow nice to hear from you and glad the business is rolling !
Tim.

I don't know but have followed many threads over a period of time and it seemed he took a lot more than he gave, just my opinion.

So many times it seems people get on each other about different speakers etc. and then it's " oh just making fun".
Yeah right, just pumping out their chest and easy to read in to.

By the way, are you one of the six;)

Best,Bob

I just supported Rich at the time Jeff decided to leave - with one single post, if I remember correctly.

Jeff can continue to post here if he wants as far as I am concerned. But as I pointed out some time ago, I don't think it does his business much good. There were just too many confrontational episodes with members to make a solid case for the positive, IMHO. Which is a shame, cos the mag is very good.

Last edited:
I'm not going to support or diss Jeff.

He was / is in a unique position given his current situation. That cuts both ways.

I recall getting upset with Jeff about a generalization he made regarding Pass Labs amps. I'm a big PL amp fan. I also found some of his insights that supported my personal experiences. So be it and frankly, so what?

Justin said he upset many people. Again, so what. I don't believe he had an agenda (he's not selling gear and I generally believe people are well intentioned unless conclusively proven otherwise) and was merely sharing his experiences / recommendations based on his position / opportunity to review a plethora of gear.

Regardless of whether I agreed or disagreed with Jeff's position, I personally felt it was a "better informed" perspective (albeit subjective like all of our opinions) than most of us have to offer given his access to a wide range of hardware.

I'm sorry that he no longer participates on this forum but certainly understand the reason for his decision. He has a business to run and I personally wish him the best.

GG

PS: Bob, IMO and with all due respect, the word "objective", when used within the context of audio opinions, is an oxymoron. This statement assumes that one does not "buy into" the brain dead position espoused by Ethan Winer and others, that measurements are all that matter. All of our auditory insights are, by nature, subjective.

Hi Gordon,
You are correct as I thought about it after and should have used "subjective" instead but at that point I had already pressed the button.
I have always preferred hearing a product over just going on measurements,hence all the different equipment over the long haul and all that damn money:).

The only point I was trying to make is that Jeff took more crap for a better lack of words ( in my opinion) than he gave out and lets face it there are arrogant audio people on all sites that feel what they own is the very best and we know there is always better to every person.
I am not accusing anyone in particular as I know I am far from perfect in what I may think is better but do have a few years of listening so I guess I am not totally deaf I don't think?
That's the nice part also of having a son that is a professional drummer and listening to live practices and shows.

I hope User211 was not insulted as that was not the intention. I have heard Apogee's and they are fabulous as well.

Just would hate to see people driven away from this great site compared to some of the other sites that get nasty.

Best,
Bob

Personally, I think Justin is one of the more objective people on this forum (except when it comes to planar speakers or tube types). And I agree with his assessment above. Jeff was never driven from this forum. He chose to leave of his own accord after having a verbal spat with me.

During his time on the forum, Jeff had multiple altercations and was verbally abusive to a number of forum members, several of whom left the forum because they were so offended by the way Jeff treated them. If you think Jeff took more than he gave, then you have a short or very selective memory. I think NSGarch, Kach22, and a few others would disagree with your assessment. Regardless, Jeff stopped posting of his own accord. No one forced him out. His insight into the business is missed by many. His tendency toward verbal abusiveness whenever someone disagrees with him, not so much. Not saying I am an angel myself. I have had my share of spats and a few people have left the forum, like Jeff, because they didn't want to deal with me any longer. Such is life.

HI Bob,

You can always use the "Edit Post" feature to revise your post.

I just want to underscore the point you made in your last sentence.

I've explored other sites and have occasionally posted but I always come back to this site because of the overall tone, willingness to help others, and respect shown by the members.

It's inevitable that things (on a public site) may get a bit "heated" but there is a level of civility and understanding by those who choose to post on MLO that is commendable and sets the "gold standard" for a forum that provides for a wide diversity of opinions and positions.

Thank you Tom, Dave, and Tim for walking that difficult line.

GG

PS: No site is perfect and there will always be controversy and the resultant coming and going of various individuals. In the end, it's all about trying to get along with each other. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. As my friend Rich said, such is life.

FYI Rich. The one thing that has always bothered me about you is your inability to tell us what you really think. : )

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back