The House Jacks - Drive

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomDac

former MLO owner/operator
Reaction score
The House Jacks
Drive
2001 Hot Lips Records
Genre: A Cappella

Artist info: The House Jacks of San Francisco
are the original "rock band without instruments."
Using nothing more than their five voices, they
deliver everything from blistering funk to screaming
rock to heart-melting ballads. These pioneering
musicians have performed over 1,000 shows and have
shared the stage with some of the biggest names in music.

rr_other_1.jpg

General Comments
[size=-2]08/25/2004 Seth Valencia [/size]
Comments: To say that these five guys are gifted would be a major understatement. The harmonies that these guys create using "only" their voices is simply amazing. While there are many a cappella groups out there, these guys are without a doubt, one of the very best around, period! This album "Drive" is a live album from their world tour of Austria, Belgium, Germany, Italy, and the US. And even though this is a live album, it's unlike most live albums, as every single song on this album is new, including 11 unreleased original songs.

The sound quality on this album is excellent, everything was mastered and recorded digitally (DDD). Given the midrange prowess that Martin Logan Electrostatics posses, these vocal arrangements really sound awesome. Five standout songs on this album are the very groovy and upbeat "Sign Your Name" (Track 5), the smooth "Breathe"(Track 6), a really cool version of George Michael's "Father Figure"(Track 11), the fun "Peace Love And Understanding"(Track 12), and the lovely ballad "Still By My Side"(track 14). Each time I listen to "The House Jacks" the more impressed I am with their talent. This is artistry in sound.

Back