The DON / redux

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And then today, there's this: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...assified-info-to-russian-officials/101726824/

If this turns out to be true, are any of you Trump supporters going to have a problem with it? You going to be chanting "Lock HIM up"? Because if Hillary being careless with Classified info by keeping a private server was criminal in your eyes, surely Trump providing classified intelligence directly to the Russians is worse. No? Still don't think we need an independent investigation here?

And then today, there's this: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...assified-info-to-russian-officials/101726824/

If this turns out to be true, are any of you Trump supporters going to have a problem with it? You going to be chanting "Lock HIM up"? Because if Hillary being careless with Classified info by keeping a private server was criminal in your eyes, surely Trump providing classified intelligence directly to the Russians is worse. No? Still don't think we need an independent investigation here?

And the last sentence of the article says ....'and if the news is true....' these goofy terms like 'fake news' and 'alternative facts' came about for a reason.

And again I'll save my speculation till someone starts talking facts with proof as opposed to a non stop barrage of unproven accusations. But, continue to speculate and guess all you want. That's what these forums are for anyway. :)

From all reports the idiot was trying to show off to the Russians

And the sad part of it is that this just adds credibility to the story, because it's exactly the type of thing you would expect of him given his previous behavior. And you can't give any credence to his aide's carefully worded denials because they have lost all credibility, blatantly lying about everything from the inauguration crowd sizes to Obama wiretapping Trump to the reasons behind Comey's firing. Heck, Trump came out and said that you can't trust his surrogates to have accurate information because they don't know what's going on. Barely 100 days into his term, and the administration has no remaining credibility to dispute a major story like this. A story which has now been independently confirmed by CNN and Reuters, by the way. Republicans better get their act together and turn on Trump or they are going to get slaughtered in the midterms. His approval ratings were at record lows before this story and the Comey firing story came out.

Edit: and now pretty much confirmed by the Don himself in his latest tweet, despite his subordinate's denials. I'm sure Trump's diehard supporters will say it's much ado about nothing, despite crucifying Hillary for the mere potential of classified information ending up in the wrong hands. Let's not forget that Nixon had something like a 70% approval rating among republicans a month into the watergate hearings. Partisanship seems to Trump rationality (and patriotism, for that matter).

Last edited:
How do you confirm a story like this?

Who is leaking all this information?

PS: Regarding the leaks, my sense is that it's coming from the intel side who he has admittedly has pi$$ed off.

Last edited:
From all reports the idiot was trying to show off to the Russians

All of your reports are from the media or the Russians you don't trust.

There are no totally believable facts that have been provided by either side at this time. Everything is based on a reported leak by the media. Then they just report each others news as though it is fact.

If it turns out that P Trump did give up the location and group that provided the intel for the laptop ban then he needs to gone by what ever means it takes.

If we as Americans don't start back down the road of the truth matters wherever it leads then we are signing our own death warrant. We can't keep playing the spin game in hopes of getting rid of the other person.

Trump was not by long shot ever my choice for a candidate but that is what people chose in the primary. In the end between the 2 candidates there was no choice for me just as it was many of you in the other direction.

No matter what any of us think here it is just speculation until we find out the truth. Once that happens let the punishment fit the crime.

Nice brad.

So where is the irony here that Hillary was being accused of leaking classified info on her server. And now low and behold the Dems are howling about leaked classified info by trump. This feels like sixth grade.

Nice brad.

So where is the irony here that Hillary was being accused of leaking classified info on her server. And now low and behold the Dems are howling about leaked classified info by trump. This feels like sixth grade.

I think the Dems are howling in part because of the irony of Trump making such a huge deal about Hillary's carelessness with classified info and then almost immediately leaking classified info himself directly to the Russians. If you are going to rake someone over the coals on a particular issue, then you better keep your nose clean regarding that type of issue.

And now it appears Trump's not-so-veiled threat to Comey was insufficient. NYT is reporting Comey has a memo of notes from a meeting with Trump on the day after Flynn was fired that states Trump tried to strong-arm him into dropping the Russia investigation. If this turns out to be true, it will be the final nail in the coffin. Congress is sick of this crap, and if they find Trump tried to convince Comey to drop the investigation, and then fired him when he wouldn't, that's pretty clearly obstruction of justice. Even the republicans that have been trying to give him cover will vote for impeachment at that point. Grab your popcorn guys. It's going to be an interesting summer.

timm,

The election is over. With all due respect, you need to start dealing with the present and not the past.

Pert CNN tonight, 45 asked Comey to stop the investigation into Flynn per a memo regarding same.

I'm not the brightest bulb on the planet but this seems to me to be a clear case of intended "obstruction of justice" or some iteration thereof.

Gordon

timm,

The election is over. With all due respect, you need to start dealing with the present and not the past.

Gordon

I'd suggest the same for the Dems in office. this is what they do for a living. Not I, with all due respect.
you don't find it a convenient payback ... with mysterious leaks (good question you asked about 'who')
Comey was fired about a week or so after he said he was 'nauseous' if he impacted the election I do believe. That sends a fairly negative message to Trump. And I think all here could agree he might fire someone over a statement like that. Especially someone on an obvious short leash like Comey. How odd James Comey is the center of attention again.

So. Let's deal with the present. Like the North Korean threat...Isis.... Syria...terrible relations with Russia...China issues ... health care...blown up relations w Israel... Let's really deal with the present and not get derailed by people who are good at doing nothing for a living on your dime based on 'leaks' and unknown sources.

I think the Dems are howling in part because of the irony of Trump making such a huge deal about Hillary's carelessness with classified info and then almost immediately leaking classified info himself directly to the Russians. If you are going to rake someone over the coals on a particular issue, then you better keep your nose clean regarding that type of issue.

And now it appears Trump's not-so-veiled threat to Comey was insufficient. NYT is reporting Comey has a memo of notes from a meeting with Trump on the day after Flynn was fired that states Trump tried to strong-arm him into dropping the Russia investigation. If this turns out to be true, it will be the final nail in the coffin. Congress is sick of this crap, and if they find Trump tried to convince Comey to drop the investigation, and then fired him when he wouldn't, that's pretty clearly obstruction of justice. Even the republicans that have been trying to give him cover will vote for impeachment at that point. Grab your popcorn guys. It's going to be an interesting summer.

And a very unproductive one. Politics as Usual now playing at a theater near you.

Rich, everything your are purporting is supposition. If you went as an attorney, into a courtroom with this the judge would laugh you out as fast as you came in.

Your approach is exactly what I last spoke of. You don't want justice across the board. You only want the people you dislike to be punished.

You are part of the problem.

And a very unproductive one. Politics as Usual now playing at a theater near you.

Interesting thought. I don't recall you complaining about "politics as usual" when the republican senators were ignoring their Constitutional duty to advise and consent regarding Obama's Supreme Court Justice nomination. By the way, we are well beyond "politics as usual." Obstruction of Justice is a crime and an impeachable offense. Even certain republican senators are coming around to that conclusion.

I'd suggest the same for the Dems in office. this is what they do for a living. Not I, with all due respect.

timm,

You seem to be forgetting one simple fact. The Reps control all three branches. The Dems have no "power".

The Reps "own" everything that is going on.

Gordon

The Dems are crying foul because they STILL don't have a leg to stand on, I understand all the trouble with Trump, he's not right, but, he's my brother! Warts and all.

To quote my good girlfriend, R.I.P., Dixie Carter on 'Designing Women'..."We don't put our crazy kinfolk in the back rooms of the house like you Damn Yankee's, we put them right out on the front porch in a rockin' chair, and, when passers by ask which side of the family they get it from, we say...BOTH!" chew on that fellers :p

Interesting thought. I don't recall you complaining about "politics as usual" when the republican senators were ignoring their Constitutional duty to advise and consent regarding Obama's Supreme Court Justice nomination. By the way, we are well beyond "politics as usual." Obstruction of Justice is a crime and an impeachable offense. Even certain republican senators are coming around to that conclusion.

I don't recall this topic in this thread... but if you want to bring it up to discount my agreement with you...
Obstruction of Justice: let's assume everything we have heard is accurate. '...can you let this go? ...the general is a good man....'. Is a question obstruction? Let's draw a comparison. During the election- while the FBI was investigating the email scandal - didn't Obama say they could end the investigation she did nothing wrong. This seems like the same thing. I would consider neither obstruction. A president can't give his opinion on an investigation? If Comey thought he was being obstructed why didn't he bring it forth back then? You would think so ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back