The DON / redux

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Brad,

I think reasonable, respectful conversations are fine as long as one does not take it too seriously.

It certainly helps me to understand the different perspectives that exist out there in the world.

Best,

Gordon

I wish Craig and everyone on this forum well.

Still it scares me when the act of defending people's freedom of expression in a discussion is seen a a "left" thing.

Last edited:
Brad,

What I mean is one having tolerance for other viewpoints and not go ballistic when someone says something that is counter to your personal opinions. Of course, there is a line there also but we all need to effectively communicate and try to "get along" if we are to proceed to resolve issues in an effective / constructive manner.

If we don't, all one needs to do is look at the divisiveness and vitriol that currently exists within our government and our citizens. The current environment in this country is unsuntainable and self destructive.

Hope that clarifies.

Gordon

I agree Gordon, many people in our country and beyond are heading down a slippery slope of intolerance for anyone or anything that is different than their thought process.

It takes a strong personal constitution at times to try to communicate and associate with someone that seems to have beliefs that are 180 degrees from what we believe.

Finding the ability to take a deep breath and find a common ground is going to be the only way to avoid a massive escelation of the senseless violence we have witnessing in the last few years.

I don't know that you can teach it. I guess it's either inside of you or you witness it and the light bulb comes on.

What happened on 1/21/17

Today's events.

DJT (now President and I shall call him 45 moving forward) blamed the media coverage for his disparaging, negative comments about his lack of confidence (and accuracy thereof) in the governments "Intelligence" agencies.

45 lashed out at the media today (through his Press Secretary Sean Spence) for allegedally reporting misleading "attendance numbers" at his inauguration versus past similar events. Sean said words to the effect that it was the most watched inauguration event in history and said that 45 was very upset about the "negative media" regarding attendance, or lack thereof. CNN showed a photo of the DC National Mall for BO's first inauguration (January, 2009) versus 45's recent event.

Spencer later qualified the remark. He said that it included all those who watched the TV coverage around the world. :rocker:

And it's only Day One.

Well. you are right Gordon. All pointless drivel. If the Dems would have focused on other things during the election maybe they would have won!! But they would rather focus on....pointless drivel

Yes timm. I agree.

After Day 1, I think the 45 administration will become the masters of "fact" spin. Or as they say, an "alternate" perspective. Unlike anything we have ever seen before.

Gordon

Last edited:
LOL. No reason to quote you. You know wha I'm laughing about!!

Gordon...... LOL on the 'old worn out hooker line' !

Who said that?

All I will say is that the public has a right (I believe) to expect Presidential representatives to dress in a respectful, dignified manner when they participate in a National Network news program.

Maybe this continues the "unexpected / non traditional" theme of the election. :D

And why, pray tell, is 45 and his minions getting all upset about the attendance at the Inauguration. Pictures don't lie and there are no such things as "alternative facts" as Ms. Conway stated yesterday. Makes one wonder about their priorities and what they believe is "important".

After hearing what he plans to do with TPP and NAFTA, I had a friend tell me that his entire business will go belly up if NAFTA gets nixed. Luckily he has 2 more years to make hay and prepare if that happens.

Create jobs my A$$. Trump is going to put people out of business!

After hearing what he plans to do with TPP and NAFTA, I had a friend tell me that his entire business will go belly up if NAFTA gets nixed. Luckily he has 2 more years to make hay and prepare if that happens.

Create jobs my A$$. Trump is going to put people out of business!
I wonder if the two mechanic's liens against his new D.C. hotel to the tune of $5 Million got settled. He has put a lot of companies out of business by not paying his bills.

Not to mention all of his protectionist talk about American auto manufacturers producing cars abroad, while ignoring the fact that many foreign car companies have manufacturing plants here. If he ****es off the Koreans, Japanese, Germans, etc. with his protectionist policies and they retaliate by pulling all the Honda, Lexus, Mercedes, and Hyundai plants from America, unemployment in my State is going to skyrocket!

Duh, this is what you get when you put a knee-jerk reactionary simpleton in charge.

I am actually pleased the TPP is dropped. Some of the provisions related to copyright and medical drugs were way too skewed to the benefit of America for my liking.

Last edited:
I think I finally "get it". I'm a little slow at times.

Mr. Bannon, one of 45's advisors, tells the press to "just shut up".

This administration is obsessed with creating their own reality (One recent example, the inauguration photos of the Washington Mall comparing crowd size in 2009 to 2017. Another that 45 won the popular vote because there was massive voter fraud) and will apparently go to any length to disparage "facts" that are in conflict with their particular view of the world. Or as Ms. Conway recently described as "alternate facts"

I guess "freedom of speech" is fine as long as it confirms a parallel universe. When it doesn't, start the pushback. This is what dictators typically do. That being to "control" the information provided to the citizens.

I hope / trust this gives everyone pause, even 45 die hards.

Very scary stuff.

saw a good sign this morning......... "at the rate all the Liberals are 'chitin' bricks over the wall being built we might not have to bill Mexico" !

saw a good sign this morning......... "at the rate all the Liberals are 'chitin' bricks over the wall being built we might not have to bill Mexico" !

A few sobering facts about border security.

The vast majority of illegal immigrants come to the United States legally and overstay their VISA's. 40% of them fly here.

The wall won't do much to help keep them from coming here. In fact as Douglas Massey pointed out increased border control tends to keep them here.

"As it got harder to go back and forth, people crossing the border decided they would be better off just staying in the US. Ironically, this increase in border enforcement caused the number of undocumented immigrants living in the United States to skyrocket by 248%."

Massey, Douglas S., and Magaly Sánchez R.
2010. Brokered Boundaries: Creating Immigrant Identity in Anti-immigrant Times.​

We are talking about ****ing away the annual budget for NASA on something that ends up stopping undocumented aliens from leaving.

Shitting bricks? No, but is seems funny with all the complaints about our country's debt that a large number of people are just fine with an increase in taxes to build a wall.

BTW just Yesterday Trump was proposing a 20% duty on goods coming from Mexico. That works out to an average of $300 a year per person in the US. Nice little tax to make US citizens pay for the wall. Fortunately later on in the day Trump retracted this after getting lots of pushback.

Last edited:
Sobering indeed. One has to wonder if the 45 Admin. will accept these as "facts" or propose some "alternate facts" to support their actions.

Sobering indeed. One has to wonder if the 45 Admin. will accept these as "facts" or propose some "alternate facts" to support their actions.

Now Trump is following the Hitler playbook again. He is literally going to publish a list of crimes committed by undocumented immigrants every week. The end result is to demonize all Mexicans and blame them for our problems which is what Hitler did with the Jews with his regularly published lists of crimes committed by the Jews.

Given that undocumented/illegal immigrants statistically commit fewer crimes than US citizens because they don't want to be sent back, Trump is going to end up demonizing an entire group of people and given the state our country is in we can be sure there will be some violence because of it.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ugees-aliens-executive-order-us-a7546826.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back