Thank You from Sanders Sound Systems - $500 off any component

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angela

Reaction score
Roger Sanders of Sanders Sound Systems

appreciates the support

from the guys here and wants to say

thankyouj.gif

by offering
$500 off any component

when you mention this forum.

Cheers,
Angela

Hey all,
I OK'ed this beforehand.

While I realize that Sanders Sound Systems make loudspeakers that compete with ML, they also make other gear as well. Their amps are said to be a very good match with all ESLs.

500 clams is 500 clams.... :D

Thanks Angela!

Tom.

Rodger's ESL Stereo Amp is on my future upgrade list. Looks like I have 50,000 less pennies to save.

Thank You

Last edited:
Wow, thanks !

I have a set of Sanders amps in my future, that's for sure.

Thanks, Roger. That is very kind of you.

JonFo, you need to press Roger for a quantity discount. You need about a half-dozen pairs of his monoblocs, I am thinking.

Thanks, Roger. That is very kind of you.

JonFo, you need to press Roger for a quantity discount. You need about a half-dozen pairs of his monoblocs, I am thinking.

Since JonFo likes to bi-amp I would say 7 of the 2ch ESL, is more like it.:devil:

Hey guys,

Wiith today's economic times and everyone looking to stretch their dollars; we wanted to make sure that you knew this thank you discount is extended and still available to you guys.

Cheers,
Angela

Wonderful, and maybe I can save on shipping since I am local :music:

btw, Sanders pays for the shipping, but you are welcome to come up anytime!

cheers,
Angela

do they have a showroom? i live close to them, and cant say ive heard their speakers at all.

I have been using a Sanders Sound System ESL amplifier for about a year now on my CLSIIA speakers. I've tried a bunch of other amps and sure do really like the Sanders. Wonderful company to work with also.

DAMN!! Is this offer still valid!!

I was just at his website and wanted to search for some reviews and Google returned this thread. At his website he states that ALL of his products have a LIFETIME WARRANTY!!

I read that these are comparible to Summit (non -X) for about the same price. BUT, if you plan to keep them for say, 15 years, they are 1/2 the price of the Summits, since ML need to be taken to the dumpsters after 15 years (since their panels willl not be replacable anymore :( )

Peter,

I am sure if you P.M. Angela or call Roger at his phone number listed in one of her posts above, they will let you know if this offer is still valid.

I own Roger's ESL monobloc amps and his preamp and can attest that his products are superior in quality and his service is unparalleled. He is a man of integrity.

For the record, I have auditioned his 10b's and I think they are better than my Summits in certain respects, particularly in their holographic imaging and soundstaging. The image is much taller, has more depth, and is much more 3-dimensional than I can get with my Summits. Instruments are placed with more pinpoint accuracy and have more air around them. They also exhibit better blending between the woofer and the panel. This blending is supposed to be even more improved with the digital crossover on the 10c's (which brings the crossover point down to 170 hz., making them more akin to a full range ESL with a subwoofer).

The 10c's are definitely on my short list of speakers to consider when I upgrade my Summits.

Last edited:
Angela , that is is a very nice offer, One I will be taking advantage of in the new year.

Thank you very much!

The hand crafted kaleidoscopes on your site are amazing as well.

Last edited:
yes the offer is still valid!

This forum has been very supportive and we appreciate you guys very much. Just let Roger know when you call.

Henry makes some amazing Kaleidoscopes. He is a real artist! We feel fortunate to have him making the woofer enclosures.

Cheers!
Angela

Last edited:
Hi Rich,

Did you audition in your home system?

How wide was the "sweet spot"?

Gordon

Hi Rich,

Did you audition in your home system?

How wide was the "sweet spot"?

Gordon

No, Gordon. I wouldn't do that until I was ready to plunk down the money. Because you know once they were set up in my system . . . they wouldn't be going back to Roger. :D

I was referring to my memory of our audition at RMAF last year.

As for the sweet spot, honestly I don't think the true sweet spot for Martin Logans is any wider than it is for Roger's speakers. I just think it is a little more diffuse. In other words, with the Logans you can move your head around and say ok, I think I'm mostly in the sweet spot here, but over here isn't too bad either. As you move off axis, the soundstage and imaging slowly go out of focus, and as you come back to the sweet spot it slowly comes back into focus. There isn't one particular spot where everything just magically CLICKS and you are listening to a holograph. With Sanders, you KNOW when you are in the sweet spot and when you aren't. I think that is because the sound is so much better in the sweet spot with Sanders than it is with Logans and it is such a huge difference from off-axis. With Logans, they definitely sound better in the sweet spot than they do off-axis, but it isn't quite the drop-your-jaw difference that I felt with Sanders sweet spot vs. off-axis. I hope you understand what I am trying to say here. It is kind of hard to explain.

Last edited:
psst - Let me tell you guys about a new product not yet up on the site:

Sanders Center Channel - The Model 12
We have taken the smaller format speakers, the Model 11's, and have created the ultimate center channel speaker system.

They solve the problem of center channel speakers: in that the image is not above or below the screen but in the middle. They do this by flanking the screen and using their incredible imaging to project the sound from the center of the screen. At the same time, they are truly full electrostatic speakers and do not use magnetic drivers in the mid range. They also have the transmission line woofer for uncompromised base in a center channel speaker.

The Model 12's include a pair of speakers and the digital electronic crossover for $7,000.

No, Gordon. I wouldn't do that until I was ready to plunk down the money. Because you know once they were set up in my system . . . they wouldn't be going back to Roger. :D

I was referring to my memory of our audition at RMAF last year.

As for the sweet spot, honestly I don't think the true sweet spot for Martin Logans is any wider than it is for Roger's speakers. I just think it is a little more diffuse. In other words, with the Logans you can move your head around and say ok, I think I'm mostly in the sweet spot here, but over here isn't too bad either. As you move off axis, the soundstage and imaging slowly go out of focus, and as you come back to the sweet spot it slowly comes back into focus. There isn't one particular spot where everything just magically CLICKS and you are listening to a holograph. With Sanders, you KNOW when you are in the sweet spot and when you aren't. I think that is because the sound is so much better in the sweet spot with Sanders than it is with Logans and it is such a huge difference from off-axis. With Logans, they definitely sound better in the sweet spot than they do off-axis, but it isn't quite the drop-your-jaw difference that I felt with Sanders sweet spot vs. off-axis. I hope you understand what I am trying to say here. It is kind of hard to explain.

by the way, Rich, I just read this to Roger (had to make him pause Top Gear) and he said, "he gets it, he is spot on in his description".

cheers,
ang

Latest posts

Back