Quantcast

System #538 (Renaissance ESL 15A)

MartinLogan Owners (MLO)

Help Support MartinLogan Owners (MLO):

Scumurculum

Reaction score
I'm not certain without a more direct comparison between a higher powered amp and the sanders. I do recall noticing a difference between the Bryston 4B2 and the Mac, brighter like you said. I thought it might be power as well. I do seem to get more of the space with the sanders than what I recall with the Byston. Everything is more difficult at this price point. The gains per dollar become less and less. Also more difficult to get all this stuff in the same room for trial...
Once you get to the price points we are at, taste comes into it more and more. While liking detail, and I have it in spades, I prefer a fuller lusher sound which is kind of the Mac style. I have heard bryston gear on other systems, wonderfully transparent but not to my taste.

FWIW I have heard the Mc452 is much more transparent and dynamic than the Mc302.

I'm sure Sanders makes wonderful stuff, although I have never seen his gear.

Robert D

Reaction score
Wow, I bet that was a lot of work. The sound is really good now? I've never heard of that before.

James

Reaction score
I think it Sounds Great. I hear things I have never heard before and don't personally believe it possible that a dead room is bad. I will convey what other think once they visit. Both the sides and wall blankets are on tracks to enable them to be moved around the room.

James

Reaction score
The wife only agreed if they were white. I will turn them around to the black side once she has had some time to adjust. It is the family living room bless her soul. :)

BigGuy

Reaction score
But is it not an issue that the blankets are white? I'd think it would add quite some ambient light.
Talk about a "man CAVE"! My wife has accused me of being a bat in a prior life. :D

I would suggest that In the absence of any light from windows, doors or artificial lighting, i.e., total darkness, you should not be able to distinguish between white or black.

Robert D

Reaction score
The wife only agreed if they were white. I will turn them around to the black side once she has had some time to adjust. It is the family living room bless her soul. :)
I figured it was a spare room in the basement. My wife would never allow that in the family room! You're lucky!

Dan F.

Reaction score
I figured it was a spare room in the basement. My wife would never allow that in the family room! You're lucky!
Not sure I’d want the living room set up like that but if it works for you....

rpokuls

Reaction score
Do you have an ARC room correction kit? It would be interesting to see what the effect is.

Basically what you have there is an anechoic chamber.

Last edited:

patsuh

Reaction score
we did a crossover capacitors change in ours.
it is a night and day difference!!!! we recommend to anyone to change those solen caps inside for auricaps xo special edition

Attachments