System #348 (Ascent i, Descent)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dominick22

Reaction score
1. Dominick Siclari

2. New Albany, Ohio

3. My current set up is the Ascent i with the Descent although I also own the Theater i.

4. I purchased the Ascent i's in 2006.

5. No mods

6. Emotiva monoblock XPA-1 amplifiers, Emotiva USP-1 pre/pro, Emotiva ERC-1 cd player. Audioquest Copperhead interconnects. Audioquest Rockefeller bi-wire speaker cables. Tripp-Lite power conditioners.

7. I have learned so much in the last five years about audio. My tastes have changed, my ideas about audio theory have shifted and occasionally, I realized what I thought was true was just plain wrong. I have learned that audio gear is not arranged by a vertical hierarchy plane where one product is clearly better than another...Rather, audio gear is on a horizontal plane where one item may be more suited to one person over another. The individual is always more important than the gear itself and will always be the biggest difference in liking or disliking a piece of gear. This can come from past experience, room configuration, or the individual ear canal. Now, when considering a piece of gear, I try very hard to ignore price and what the technical data says it should sound like and just try to decide if my ears enjoy it.

I want to say thanks to everyone on this site who has provided me with the still very limited knowledge and understanding I have today. I feel privileged to be able to share my audiophile sickness with you!:bowdown:
Special thanks to the moderators as well!:bowdown:

Happy listening...
Dominick

Attachments

• DSC05116.JPG
    DSC05116.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 1,002
  • DSC05117.JPG
    DSC05117.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 991
  • DSC05119.JPG
    DSC05119.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 1,017
  • DSC05120.JPG
    DSC05120.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 1,078
That's better Dominick ! .....your Emotiva set-up looks great !

That's better Dominick ! .....your Emotiva set-up looks great !

sure does, love the look of the ascent's from the side. beautiful!

i bet you cant wait to go home each day just listen. congrats!

yes, I spend a good amount of free time on the couch just listening again.

I think that overall, the set up is clean and not cluttered, but Rachel assures me all the time that it is very low on the Wife Approval Factor! LOL

What do you guys think?

show her my mancave and she will realize how weird we can be. ill make you look normal, i provide this service for many friends.

but Rachel assures me all the time that it is very low on the Wife Approval Factor! LOL

What do you guys think?

Are you kidding ???? ....just take one look at the carpet in my room....circa 1979, my wife has been on me to replace it for years, between all my audio gear, and office at one end of my room and a 700lb gun safe with 700lb's of 'crap' inside, I figure what the hell that burnt orange med shag outta be back in style any day now ...LOL !!

Are you kidding ???? ....just take one look at the carpet in my room....circa 1979, my wife has been on me to replace it for years, between all my audio gear, and office at one end of my room and a 700lb gun safe with 700lb's of 'crap' inside, I figure what the hell that burnt orange med shag outta be back in style any day now ...LOL !!

Dave> Shag is back In!!! they call it frize now ,you are stylin my friend:D

I think that overall, the set up is clean and not cluttered, but Rachel assures me all the time that it is very low on the Wife Approval Factor! LOL

What do you guys think?
You should tell her that you are already compromising since the speakers should be pulled out more into the room.

No, I was not using high end amplifiers before. I was only using a sony receiver for use as a 5.1 system. I only recently started focusing on 2 channel.

Dominick

Very nice Dominick. I am also especially curious about your Emotiva amps. Great setup!!

Glen

Back