System #537 (Ascent I)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OhMyTohFu

Reaction score
1. Bernard

2. Singapore

3. Ascent I

4. 2016 (bought used)

5. No mods to the speaker's

6. List of equipments

Source : Clearaudio Concept TT, Laptop with QMS DAC for Tidal
Pre Amp : Clearaudio Smart Phono V2, Emotiva XSP-1
Power Amp : Emotiva XPA-1 monoblocks

Fell in love with ESL speakers after hearing them at a friend's place way back and had completely forgotten about them after starting on my hi-fi hourney.Back in 2016, I went to a fellow audiophile's place and heard the Neolith and it was a hook, line and sinker moment. As hi-fi items are really expensive here due to shipping, I managed to hunt down a pair of Ascent I locally for a very reasonable price. I was in USA for work soon after that and hand carried the replacement panels I ordered from ML back. So the Ascent should serve me for many years to come.

I'm really pleased with the Emotivas driving the speakers and would like to dabble in tubes in the future. But my target as of now is to go for a pair of McIntosh monoblocks.

Pardon the small space, houses in Singapore are really small and expensive.

8e6d996d1c4af8dd12e8636020be1830.jpg
a8efeab40e966ab1f76ecf27fff1c21a.jpg
dcc5046389f073144cc17ff2a07001b1.jpg
cc29c3d4c00902527e6a2d6dad865a92.jpg

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

Welcome Bernard II, we have the original on the forum from Ottawa, Canada

The emotiva monos are doing a fine job driving the Ascent. Maybe just slightly shy of refine. I'm more than happy with them until I can look at a pair of McIntosh 275s.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

Please keep us posted if you make progress on the Mc 275's. I'm considering that change as well.

Back