System #232 (Odyssey)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrea

Reaction score
Member Name: Andrea Marchesi

ML Model: Odyssey - silver trim

Year Purchased: 2003

Mods/Changes: Transparent Reference jumpers and Transparent Power Cables

Associated Electronics:
CD Player: Audio Research Reference CD7
Turntable: Oracle Delphi MkV with Turbo Power Supply
Tonearm: Oracle/SME 345
Cartridge: Koetsu Black
Phono Preamplifier: Audio Research PH7

DVD Player: Oppo Digital DV-981HD
Blu-ray Player: Sony PlayStation 3
Video Processor/Scaler: DreamVision DreamScaler 3
Media Server: AppleTV
DDT: LG D77
Projector: DreamVision DreamBee
Screen: DreamVision DayDream 110T

Preamplifier: Audio Research Reference 3
Monoblock Power Amplifiers: Audio Research Reference 210

Cables: Transparent Reference and Ultra for Audio, Crystal Cable for Video

Accessories: DAAD and Tube Traps, Record Cleaning Machine VPI HW-17

Comments:
Since I bought my Odysseys, they deliver magic sound with full satisfaction for my ears but the real upgrade to their sound was when I have coupled with them the Audio Research Reference components (previously I had Krell amplification): they are really able to bring the Odysseys to a major level of performance that I didn't believe they was capable of. So, my strong recommandation for all ML enthusiasts like me to listen to this magical matching: ARC and ML: they really shine!
I like to thank the italian ML and ARC distributor, Audio Natali, in particular Marco Natali, great professional and hi-fi enthusiast person and friend.
Now, I'm looking forward to listen to the new forthcoming CLX...

Attachments

• Odyssey (Medium).jpg
    Odyssey (Medium).jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 1,024
Last edited:
System Components Image1

My System components...

Attachments

• Equipment2 (Medium).jpg
    Equipment2 (Medium).jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 1,028
Last edited by a moderator:
System Components Image 2

An other image of my system...

Attachments

• Equipment (Medium).jpg
    Equipment (Medium).jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 1,021
My Hot Spot

My hot spot and the projector behind...

Attachments

• Hot%20spot (Medium).jpg
    Hot%20spot (Medium).jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 1,016
Welcome to the Madhouse! Wonderful system you have there. Clean setup and top-notch components. I am a great fan of ARC with ML as well. I love my Ref 3. Thanks for sharing.

Welcome aboard ! Nice to see another ARC/ML/Koetsu fan (though my ARC stuff is much more modest than yours!).

Last edited:
Andrea, Welcome, thank you for supporting the US economy and buying so much of our stuff !! I now feel obligated to go out and buy a bottle of Chianti today !!

Love the ARC gear and your "Black Pizza" spinner !

Thanks

Thanks to all! Twich54: I'm sure you'll have a nice evening with your bottle of Chianti. It's produced in my region, Tuscany, very close where I live. I also suggest you to taste one of the wonderful wines from Bolgheri...

Hi Andrea,

Congratulations for your installation, you have some fantastic equipment in a very nice setup ! :bowdown:

Enjoy !

All I can say is you have a AWSOME setup there Andrea! I’m sure glad to see another member with a pair of the great Odysseys. :music:

SA-WEET set up!!! Very nice indeed! Love all that ARC gear! Would love to have a full set of that in my system!

Very nice system Andrea!

Thanks for sharing.

Treating the wall directly behind the speakers might lead to increased enjoyment. Have you tried anything there?

Regards,

Just having another squiz at this great system......

Can we get a close up on the silver trim on the Odysseys? Looks great. I haven't seen that before - is it custom or from ML?

WOW - this is simply a beautiful setup. I would love to hear what it sounds like someday. Please tell us about your musical tastes. Happy Listening!
:music:

Thanks again

Many thanks to all again!
For JonFo: it's not clear but if you see in the first photo, there are two columns of tube traps and DAADs (that is an italian and better version on high frequencies of tube traps) behind the Odysseys.
For amey01: the silver trims are from ML. It was an option at the time I purchased the Odysseys. I'll post a picture of them.
For MiTT: My musical tastes are mainly classical and irish folk but I have also a lot of jazz and rock recordings.

Last edited:
From ML hey - that's the first pair I've seen with that trim. It looks fantastic. Can't wait to see a close-up.

Very nice system you have Andrea.
If I could just get what I want your ARC based equipment is pretty much what I would like to have. It must sound so sweet...

Back