System #211 (Quest z, Cinema i, Depth, Passage)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcaprilia

Reaction score
1. Member Name: Derrick

2. Location: Manila, Philippines

3. ML Model(s): Quest Z mains - Cinema i center - Depth sub - Passage rears.

4. Year Purchased: Purchased in 2005

5. Mods/Changes: Just ordered the summits and probably going to upgrade to the stage and Decent sub as well.... One step close to this never ending hobby :)

6. Associated Electronics: Anthem D2 Pre/pro. Audio Research 150m multi channel amp. Audio research CD3 cd player. Pioneer DV-59AVI, dvd player. PS3 bluray dvd player. PS audio Premier power plant regenerator. Monster Cable AVS-2000 power regulator. Sharp 65"LCD. Synergistic cable power box. Synergistic cables all around.

7. Comments and/or stories about your Martin Logan experience: Not only do they look good but after listening to Martin Logans for the first time, it became the basis of comparison to every speaker I listened to.... The majority of speakers I audiotioned never came close to the sound of Logans :musicnote:

Attachments

• 211_1 (Medium).jpg
    211_1 (Medium).jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 1,426
  • 211_2 (Medium).jpg
    211_2 (Medium).jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 1,409
  • 211_3 (Medium).jpg
    211_3 (Medium).jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 2,164
Last edited by a moderator:
Derrick,

Welcome, homeboy! Glad to see another Filipino on the boards!

Anyway, superb system and it's amazing how I miss "home" after seeing your post (although that room doesn't look like the typical Manila home)....

Joey ;)

:welcome:

Wow. What a great looking system! And I love your statement, "The majority of speakers I auditioned never came close to the sound of Logans." I can really identify with it. One of the few speakers I've ever heard that I liked better than my Ascents? The Summits I replaced them with. :D

I just bouight a Monster Cable power regulator ( I forgot what model #) to keep my 5.1 HT (non Martin Logan in-wall) system going during hot summer days. I want to try it on my Martin Logan Odsseys. I remember one friend was powering his 5.1 HT SL3 (front and rears) with a PS600 power plant. It sounded smooth. Have you compare both by running separte items or what power plant is running what?

Last edited:
Welcome,,,, I can relate to the black on black. Nice looking set-up!
Is that an actual electronics cabinet or did you find a nice piece of furniture that worked well?

Lee

Greetings Gentlemen,
Thank you for the kind words. Its nice to meet all you Audiophiles, Martin Logan owners and fellow Kabayans (countrymen) alike.

Last edited:
I just bouight a Monster Cable power regulator ( I forgot what model #) to keep my 5.1 HT (non Martin Logan in-wall) system going during hot summer days. I want to try it on my Martin Logan Odsseys. I remember one friend was powering his 5.1 HT SL3 (front and rears) with a PS600 power plant. It sounded smooth. Have you compare both by running separte items or what power plant is running what?

Greetings! I originally used the AVS-2000 for everything and I honestly couldn't tell the difference in sound. However, when I used the PS Audio, the sound was fuller and more precise. I cant quite describe to you the other differences but it was a good improvement.

The FF are plugged to

PS audio - Sharp TV, Quests, CD3, Amp, Anthem, Pioneer DVD.

AVS-2000 - Synergistic power box, other synergistic cables, Playstation, Cinema i (I tried to plug it into the Ps Audio but couldnt hear a difference.) Depth sub.

:musicnote:

Welcome,,,, I can relate to the black on black. Nice looking set-up!
Is that an actual electronics cabinet or did you find a nice piece of furniture that worked well?

Lee

Hello,

I actually designed the cabinet myself. I put dimmer lights on the bottom of each side to give it a floating effect. The round balls on the top shelf are candle holders.... to set the mood with my wife ;)

Greetings! I originally used the AVS-2000 for everything and I honestly couldn't tell the difference in sound. However, when I used the PS Audio, the sound was fuller and more precise. I cant quite describe to you the other differences but it was a good improvement.

Really? The PS Audio Premier did that for you? Interesting. I sort of wrote off the whole Premier idea, but I saw the Quintessence over the weekend (one step below the Premier) and was quite impressed by the build quality.... maybe I'm just trying to justify the Premier now. LOL.

Anyway, hope you saw the Pacquiao fight! Mabuhay!

Really? The PS Audio Premier did that for you? Interesting. I sort of wrote off the whole Premier idea, but I saw the Quintessence over the weekend (one step below the Premier) and was quite impressed by the build quality.... maybe I'm just trying to justify the Premier now. LOL.

Anyway, hope you saw the Pacquiao fight! Mabuhay!

Hi Joey,

The Premier is worth a try especially if you are in the States and can demo it.

I missed the fight! but for a good reason though.... I was watching the F1 race :D

Pare,

When will you be taking delivery of the Summits? Post pics please....

Derrick, good day, I must say you have one hell of a sweet, clean looking HT set-up !!

So your going the Summitt route, how about your ARC CDP3, have you thought about the "7" ? I've heard the CDP-7 and thought it to be superb but not the "3" so I have no clue wether it would be a meaningfull upgrade or not.

Just rereading your set-up...are you using Synergistic Research Active Sheild interconnects and maybe power cords on your system? I am using 2 Synergistic Research Resolution Reference .5 Active Shield speaker 6 ft cables for the upper electrostatic panels and 2 Synergistic Research Signature 10 Active Shield speaker 6 ft cables for the bottom dual woofers via true bi-wire from 2 Aragon Palladium mono amps. How is your set-up with the Audio Research amps? I am also using Synergistc Research power cords but they are rather stiff.

Last edited:
Pare,

When will you be taking delivery of the Summits? Post pics please....

Hi Joey,

Sorry for the late reply. I was out of the country.... I have the summits installed and boy do they sound wonderful! Im hoping to get the stage in a fews weeks as well and Ill upload the pictures then.

Best regards,
Derrick

Back