System #17 (Aerius)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

Juppe

System #17 (Aerius) 500Watt IcePower

1. Member Name: Thomas Marker
2. Location: Copenhagen, Denmark, Europe
3. ML Model(s): Aerius
4. Year Purchased: 2004
5. Mods/Changes: no.
6. Associated Electronics:
Speakers: Aerius
Amps: Icepower 500ASP made by www.jjaz.dk
CD: Exposure 2010
Preamp: Exposure 2010 (used via pre-out)
Subwoofer: DIY with 200watt amp active crossover.
DVD: Xbox
TV: B&O
Cables: MIT 2, Supra 3,4s and silver for tweeter.

7. Comments and/or stories about your Martin Logan experience: Comments: I bought my ML Aerius used in 2004. They are working more than fine with the IcePower amps, which is placed on the "shelves" behinde the tweeter on the MLs. That gives me short speaker cables and long signal cables. I first bought the IcePower, which are digital (swichmode) amps. They gave me the interest for HIFI back, and made me buy the Aerius 2.nd. hand.

I am very happy with the decition to buy the speakers, thou my girlfriend does not like the trim of oak.

Attachments

• ml1.jpg
    ml1.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 1,730
  • ml2.jpg
    ml2.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 1,532
  • ml3.jpg
    ml3.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 2,180
  • ml4.jpg
    ml4.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 1,366
Last edited:
Nice setup

I have had my Aerius Is for a number of years and I love them.
Luke

Sneaky way to slip in an amp..............perhaps some isolation pucks are in order?
attachment.php

Juppe said:
They are working more than fine with the IcePower amps, which is placed on the "shelves" behinde the tweeter on the MLs. That gives me short speaker cables and long signal cables.
Bravo for you, when i first saw the Arerius at my dealer, we all thought that the shelf would be perfect for an amp, but couldn't think of one narrow enough to fit. well maybe a mission, but we didn't really want to try that :)

Years later, 2 years ago, when i finally got a pair of monoblocks, I put them onto the electronics box of the CLS. helps keep them grounded ;)

New Amp - Icepower 1000asp

I have changed the good 500ASP with 1000 ASP - Still from Danish www.JJAz.dk - They are in at black piano-finish box. They sound stunning - The bass is velvet butt very firm and precise. The upper tones are also in total control.

I have changed the trim on the front of my Aerius - I better like the black trim - The oak trim is not good with danish furnitures from www.rudrasmussen.dk :)

Attachments

• ht1.jpg
    ht1.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 1,550
Last edited:
I marvel at how clean and simple this set up is.

I'm wondering if any of the old Ed Meinter/Musetex or small Linn amps would fit as well as the 500ASP/1000 ASP set up.

kach22i said:
I marvel at how clean and simple this set up is.

I'm wondering if any of the old Ed Meinter/Musetex or small Linn amps would fit as well as the 500ASP/1000 ASP set up.

meitners were too big. i measured "way back then"

but they do fit nicely on the back of CLS's. luck for me that i have both those amps and those speakers :)

superb looking system my friend!

A.N.

HI - I live in Copenhagen center.

I have just bought a Marantz DV6500 for DvD and SACD - I now have about 20 SACD, but to be honest: I dont hear the big differents between CD and SACD played i stereo. Using my girlfriends old SONY reciever for souround is fun - but a drag to ajust, using my stereo system for Frontchannels.

I have a little dream about a preamp with 6.1 in and 6.1 out (XLR) - Like Stello SP200 - http://www.aprilmusic.com/products/products_sp200.htm
but I dont think they will ever produce it.

Beautiful musical system....

Thomas,

What a beautiful musical system you have there... :D I couldn't help but notice, your walls are not square, they are trapizoid shaped. I bet your sound is actually better in that shaped room? I also noticed your Aerius's are near your radiator heater, is the heat a problem for your Aerius's or your wireing? Also, what musical artists do you listen to mostly?

Good looking musical system... :D

Cheers

-Robin

Robin said:
Thomas,

What a beautiful musical system you have there... :D I couldn't help but notice, your walls are not square, they are trapizoid shaped. I bet your sound is actually better in that shaped room? I also noticed your Aerius's are near your radiator heater, is the heat a problem for your Aerius's or your wireing? Also, what musical artists do you listen to mostly?

Good looking musical system... :D

Cheers

-Robin

Hi Robin,

The reflections from the room is no problem, perhaps it is due to the walls shape. I have no problems with the radiator - In Denmark the houses are well isolated, so wi dont have to heat so much!!!!

I listen to all kinds of music - I have approx 1000 cd (and 20 sacd). I mustly LISTEN to Jazz, like Patricia Barbaer and Diana Krall (i love the latest x-mas epos) - But World Music is also nice, like the soundtrack to Hero.

Aerius...

Thomas,

Sounds like you have an impressive CD/SACD collection... :D I love Patrica Barbaer and Diana Krall too. :D

I had another question for you, do you use spikes with your Aerius speakers? As I noticed that you have hard wood floors. Or do you have your Aerius speakers on a special platform like granite, marble or something else?

Cheers

-Robin

Back