System #418 (SL2, Aerius, Theater)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Jon

Reaction score
Member Name: Jon
ML Model(s): SL3, Aerius, Theater
Year Purchased: 2002 +/-
Mods/Changes: No

Associated Electronics:
Center-Theater, Fronts-SL3,Rears-Aerius I-not shown, Preamp-B&K 2010 upgraded to 2020, Amp-B&K 200.7, Protection-Monster HTS Reference 2500, Hitachi 55” plasma, PS3 DVD/Gaming and future upgrade to 3D TV

Hello all and welcome from a little bit of country in Danville IN. I am ecstatic (no pun intended) about coming aboard MLO Forum. I started purchasing my equipment nine years ago and added a little bit for the next few years until I slacked off due to financial strains of economy and children (college) of which I am very proud of.

I am looking to upgrade preamp (as is way out of date), and amp over time as funding allows.
I was content with my 200.7 amp for awhile then found it to be a little flat with the music as I knew the ML’s could sound better as I have heard with previous experience listening. A previous next door neighbor (which has come to be a lifelong friend) introduced me to ML’s and I keep getting amazed at every little nuance as even the little changes are made such as wiring. It is astonishing when you replace a cable and as it is breaking in you hear the change and it opens up and you hear things you never heard before.

There is much information I do not understand on the “techno” side, but, I relate to my best critics, my ear and my wife’s ear as in general I trust hers more than mine. She has become my best Set Up partner.

IMAG0028.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome Jon... looks like a comfy setup.

Are you near lake Mich? ... lots of nautical nick-nackiness in your pic.

Welcome Jon, good to have you on board and thanks for sharing the details of the system.

Welcome aboard, Jon. Those fronts looks very close to the wall.... Have you experimented with placement at all?

Tom

I knew you guys would pick up on this. The real story is I just got new carpet and nothing is where it is supposed to be. We purchased an older home and we are remodeling room by room. I can not wait till I get to the basement. It is going be my Man Cave as a complete media room. I am designing the room around my speakers.

Tsv_1

Location is west central. Wife likes the water as much as I like my MLO's.

Back