Sunday Morning Music

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mother and Baby are doing very well. Everyone meet Sophia the newest member of the Martin Logan Fan Club.

Attachments

• Baby.JPG
    Baby.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 87
Mother and Baby are doing very well. Everyone meet Sophia the newest member of the Martin Logan Fan Club.

Beautifull !!! Now that's what I call "Sunday Morning Music " !!!

thank God , she must have her mothers looks !! Only kidding my friend , job well done !!!!!

Congratulations, Cherian. She is beautiful. You are a few months ahead of us, so you will have to let me know what to expect. We are due 10/21 with a little girl.

The local PBS station just broadcast a live Pink Floyd concert for their fund raiser - it was awesome even though I didn't have time to fire up the H.T. and just caught the last four songs.

It's the "Pulse" 2-DVD set. Highly recommended by this 35 year Pink Floyd fanatic. The master is analog.

It's the "Pulse" 2-DVD set. Highly recommended by this 35 year Pink Floyd fanatic. The master is analog.
I threw in a VHS tape hoping they would show it again but got "Stevie" Ray Vaughan instead. Pledge week I just can't sit though it.

I'll look for the "Pluse" DVD when I have the cash, looks like a real keeper.

I was listening to this Sunday morning. :D
Aug07268.jpg

Today, though, it's
174051293_df5b830155.jpg

Hrm, just found this with google, haven't heard it though. :)
the_simpsons_do_rumours.jpg

Been such a busy week, I'm only now getting around to posting the music from Sunday morning. I started off with Otis Spann and Fleetwood Mac (Peter Green vintage - not Buckingham/Nicks vintage) "Biggest Thing Since Colossus" reissued on the Pure Pleasure label, then went into some Genesis in the form of the "Duke" album on a Japanese pressing. Somehow that brought me to Jack Johnson's "Brushfire Fairytales" (probably my favorite by him). Finally I ended up moving from vinyl to CD and took our own Tom Dac's recommendation and purchased Imogen Heap's "Speak for Yourself" disc.

Great stuff all around!

Last night I was able to sit down with one of my favorites that to the best of my knowledge has never been issued on CD - Buckingham Nicks type music - in the form of the Pre-Fleetwood Mac Buckingham Nicks album.

Stevie was so hot back then!

Attachments

• OtisSpann_BiggestThingSinceColossus.jpg
    OtisSpann_BiggestThingSinceColossus.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 153
  • Genesis_Duke.jpg
    Genesis_Duke.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 153
  • JJohnson_BrushfireFairytales.jpg
    JJohnson_BrushfireFairytales.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 151
  • Speakforyourself_Heap.jpg
    Speakforyourself_Heap.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 153
  • buckinghamnicks.jpg
    buckinghamnicks.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 158
It was issued in CD format. See the attached link. This is a very rare CD from what I understand.

You can find the CD used on e-bay and amazon.

Attachments

• 31e7793509a0e5a702632110.L.jpg
    31e7793509a0e5a702632110.L.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 155
Update on "Pulse:" The stereo recording is done in "Q" sound and although I've only heard it in stereo, there's no doubt in my mind as to which will sound better.

The Tarantino Connection
Wil Blades ~ Sketchy

Attachments

• yara.JPG
    yara.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 132
  • wilblades.jpg
    wilblades.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 127
Got up early and had quite a few cups-O-Joe this morning, so I'm moving a little fast - as in 45 RPM for all the vinyl spinning so far.

Started off with arguably one of the best classical recordings ever; Reference Records masterful take on the Berlioz "Symphony Fantastique" from a few years ago. Followed that with a more modern classic, the Cowboy Junkies "Trinity Sessions" on the Classic Records 45 Reissue. Right now it's "Belafonte at Carnegie Hall" also on the Classic 45 Reissue.

Attachments

• Berlioz_SymFantastique_RR.jpg
    Berlioz_SymFantastique_RR.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 121
  • CJunkies_TrinitySessions.jpg
    CJunkies_TrinitySessions.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 130
  • Belefonte@Carnegie.jpg
    [email protected]
    45.9 KB · Views: 133
2 really nice SACDs !

- "Carlos V - Mille Regretz : La Cancion del Emperador"
La Capella Reial de Catalunya, Hespèrion XXI, Dir. Jordi Savall
(AliaVox Hybrid SACD)

carlos_v.jpg

- "Entremeses del siglo de oro (1550-1650) - Lope de Vega y su tiempo"
Montserrat Figueras (chant), Hespèrion XX, Dir. Jordi Savall
(AliaVox Hybrid SACD)

entremeses.jpg

Cheers !

I threw in a VHS tape hoping they would show it again but got "Stevie" Ray Vaughan instead. Pledge week I just can't sit though it.

I'll look for the "Pluse" DVD when I have the cash, looks like a real keeper.

Costco had them for less than $30.00 I think.

steely dan "Gaucho", in DVD-A surround sound. Almost an "on stage" presentation to it. Very nice.

Attachments

• folder.jpg
    folder.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 115
Regina Spekto

Regina Spektor - Begin to Hope

2006 SIRE/LONDON/RHINO

Attachments

• ReginaSpektor.jpg
    ReginaSpektor.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 114
"Reference Records masterful take on the Berlioz "Symphony Fantastique" "

Students of the art should hear the Munch/BSO version and I don't mean the one that HP raved about a few years ago. I don't remember what LSC number it is, as I have it stored away. However, I do have the JVC XRCD version, which is excellent, particularily the "March to the Scaffold" and the "Witches Sabbath."

A Must See DVD

Atlantic Records: The House That Ahmet Built

Just got done watching this thourghly engrossing DVD about the history of Atlantic Records and Ahmet Ertegun the man who started Atlantic Records, which is really a documentary on the roots and evolution of Blues into Rock-n-Roll. A must see. My only complaint was Ahmet started Atlantic as a Jazz Label, Because of his love of Jazz. But nowhere in the documentary did they cover John Coltrane,Ornette Coleman, or Charles Mingus, all Jazz greats and Atlantic Artists. A must watch.

Attachments

• 1182463328_2.JPG
    1182463328_2.JPG
    12.8 KB · Views: 88
Back