Sunday Morning Music

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple of oldies today. First up was "Papa John Creach". If you've never heard him before, go to youtube and search for him playing "Over the Rainbow" from this album.
662751721_5428u-S.jpg

Next was Harry Chapin's, "Heads & Tales". Remember "Taxi"?
662751827_qWWeT-S.jpg

Got in a couple this AM, first up was Nickel Creek, excellent bluegrass and folk out of all places San Diego!

Next up was A Fine Frenzy's latest effort a "Bomb in a Birdcage" more up tempo than "One Cell in the Sea" but still great vocals and songwriting from Alison Sudol!

Attachments

• IMG_0432.JPG
    IMG_0432.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 232
A old throwback today !

The Best of Leon Russell

Attachments

• 614tfkHk+IL._SL500_AA240_.jpg
    614tfkHk+IL._SL500_AA240_.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 207
A Miles day for me...

A dreary, rainy day here in Round Rock, perfect for listening to some of the albums I purchased at RMAF. So far, I've made it through three albums of this set. I must say, the sound quality of these 45 rpm pressings easily surpass every version I already had (CD and 33 1/3 vinyl). Wonderful music.
677194894_kSRG8-L.jpg

King Crimson - Red

Grooving to the 30th anniversary re-issue of the legendary King Crimson Red album (1974) in full high-resolution 5.1 surround.

This is part of the new reissue series featuring awesome multi-channel mixes by the also legendary Steven Wilson (Porcupine Tree) on the Kscope Label.

If you dig the original master of prog jazz and want to hear them in all their glory, this is the disc set for you.

The Martin Logans render the amazing sax solos of Ian MacDonald in full splendor. The new recordings also deliver a full-range hit on Brufords incredible drumming and Wettons usual peerless bass playing.
Fripps guitar and compositions are of course the centerpiece.

http://www.burningshed.com/store/kingcrimson/product/313/1652/

Attachments

• KCRed.jpg
    KCRed.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 209
Very cool Jon - what is the format? SACD? DVD?

Tim, The item linked is a DVD-Audio format disc.

Amazon lsits a similar 2 disc package, but makes no mention if it's basic DVD-V with 5.1 or the DVD-A one gets via KScope.

For the money, I'd go with the KScope version I linked, as it's known to be true high-rez.

They are re-issuing the key back-catalog, so be on the lookout for the rest as well :cool:

I think last week was the first Sunday in the almost 3 years since Tim started this thread that we didn't have a post, I couldn't let it go two.

Picked this up this morning at Borders after breakfast.

Diana Krall ~ Quiet Nights

Attachments

• picture.jpg
    picture.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 174
Thanks for keeping it alive Wayne!

I haven't posted in this thread in a number of weeks, mostly because it's been fall mountain biking season. Last weekend we were in Fruita enjoying a beautiful Indian Summer weekend of singletrack and great Mexican food.

This weekend it's a different story. The Bronco's have a bye, it's snowing pretty hard outside and the tunes are spinnin'. So far I've been catching up on some stuff I'd recieved from Acoustic Sounds and picked up at RMAF, plus an oldie from the archives. I started off with Lou Donaldson's "Blues Walk" on the 45 RPM reissue. I followed that with the Thorens "125th Anniversary Collection" - a nice mix of female vocals, Classical, Jazz and Blues. Finally I gave Todd Rundgren's "Accapella" a spin. This is the one I was raving about in a different thread because of Todd's original version of "Pretending to Care" that Jennifer Warnes covered on her album "The Hunter".

Attachments

• Fruita.jpg
    Fruita.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 167
  • DonThorensRund.jpg
    DonThorensRund.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 170
I bought it from Acoustic Sounds while at the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest. Their booth occupied quite a bit of my time and a portion of my wallet. It's a very good set comprised of 3 very well pressed discs and the gatefold jacket has some great pictures in it of both current and vintage gear.

Tim, The item linked is a DVD-Audio format disc.

Amazon lsits a similar 2 disc package, but makes no mention if it's basic DVD-V with 5.1 or the DVD-A one gets via KScope.

For the money, I'd go with the KScope version I linked, as it's known to be true high-rez.

They are re-issuing the key back-catalog, so be on the lookout for the rest as well :cool:

Great to see some Crimson fans. Hope this includes Starless and Larks Tongues in 5.1. These three are some of Crimson's finest works.

Storm Large, "Crazy Enough"...

If you dig punk/indy/edgy rock, get it NOW. This chick rocks harder than most of the male "punk" or "indy" bands out there. She makes "Green Day" sound like a bunch of pre-schoolers banging on pots and pans.

http://stormlarge.com/

And the sound quality is really good too. Pianos sound like pianos. Voices sound like voices. You can feel the drums make your tummy. This is GOOD stuff. And the song "8 Miles Wide" is one of the funniest bits of satire I've ever heard. Not only does Storm have great pipes, but she's as witty and clever as they come.

Plus, she's hotter than a $2 pistol. Woof...

And you can only get her album from CDbaby...

Funny, did I just hear her sing "My Vajayjay is 8 miles wide"??? wow, pretty crazys stuff. nice voice

just testing out the new TT this morning.

Attachments

• crosby&vpi.jpg
    crosby&vpi.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 220
Back