Summits or Theos

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mx1

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

For quite a while i have been a Martin Logan fan and have always dreamed of owning a pair of Summits. i have been offered a pair of theos at a reasonable price. Unfortunatly I can't audition the original summits as my local b&m stores only carry the summits x. Is it safe to say the summits are worth $1300 more than i would pay for the Theos. Th Theos seem to be a newer version speaker of ML. Would really appreciate if some of you experts would enlighten me. As reference I'm looking at $4,400 for the summits and about $3100 for the Theos.

Regards
Max

The Summits has a larger panel and active sub. Your price premium is only 1/3, as new, the Summits were more or less twice the price of the Theos. If the speakers are new, I would go for the Summits. If they are used, i would get whichever pair is in best condition or newest.

Hola. Also with the Summits, you will get a truly uncompressed sound over all. Big sound comes out from the Summits. There is no comparison. It is not fair. They have on each Summit, Two 10" woofers and a two 200 power amplifiers to drive those woofers, among the dream of any audiophile, a control at 25Hz +-10dB and another at 50Hz+-10dB, to set the right amount of bass energy in your room. The Summit model is a pristine delicate fine electronic device, not only a pair of speakers. To my ears, one of the best products of Martin Logan. Of course the Theos are great speakers too, but not on this league. Happy listening!

What roberto said - how old are summits and where are they coming from? A store an owner? The speakers are not comparable imho

Thanks Guys,

Both speakers are coming from 2nd owners, I believe the summits 5 years old and the Theos are a few months old.

Again I appreciate your input.

There is no choice to make. As a current Theos owner, and a former Summit owner - go the Summits.

Latest posts

Back