Summit X Still waiting

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russb

Reaction score
I purchased a pair of Summit X's in Dark Cherry back in early July, 5 weeks ago. I still have not got them yet due to Martin Logan saying they are waiting on Parts. This is what my dealer is telling me. Does anyone know what is going on ?????

Thanks
Russ

Bummer. I bought some dark cherry x's about a month ago, too, but fortunately the dealer had them in stock.

Hocky... I see your S-Xs are up for sale on Agon. What's your next move/upgrade?

Nothing - if these don't sell in 30 days, the Summits will. Frankly, I don't think the X's are that much better than the Summits, so I don't care which pair sells first. I am buying another house and have another baby on the way, so one of the pairs needs to go. ;-)

The delay is likely the quake in Japan, which has backlogged automotive parts, even CPUs (which is what I am waiting for).

I am waiting on a pair of Theos as well, but I was told it would be a longer wait. I didn't care to ask though, I am patient and can wait.

No that is interesting about the Japan crisis, I dont know why that would be a concern. The only part (that I am aware of) that comes from the far east is the cabinets, and even then they still get all the finishing once they are over in Canada.

But maybe some of the circuitry parts do come from over there. Maybe it is just that dealer you spoke with. I know that the Magnolia AV locations have some on hand in the warehouses, but they are also a much larger AV shop then most others so that might make sense...?

It's going on 8 weeks and still no Summit X's speakers Is there anyone that might have a idea on what is going on. My dealers keeps telling me 2-3 more weeks it's now been 8 weeks.

We're seeing acute shortages on some components that are affecting us in the lighting industry. Some resistors, transformers and electrolytic caps are causing ballast manufacturers to miss shipments. We saw the same thing last year as the big consumer goods manufacturers procure all available inventory to support the big push for commercial sales as we near the holidays. Martin Logan is way smaller than we are with regard to revenue, so I suspect they're feeling the pinch too.

It's going on 8 weeks and still no Summit X's speakers Is there anyone that might have a idea on what is going on. My dealers keeps telling me 2-3 more weeks it's now been 8 weeks.

Russ, why not call ML directly and ask their customer service department for the straight scoop? That way, at least you will know from the horse's mouth how much longer you should expect to wait.

Rich
I did call Martin Logan. I talked to Brian in sales. He told me that I have to communicate through my dealer. He also said the speakers will get built. He would not give me a direct answer to the situation.

In that case, I think I would consider canceling my order with my dealer and buying Hockey's Summit X's from him.

In that case, I think I would consider canceling my order with my dealer and buying Hockey's Summit X's from him.

That's a great idea. You could have them in a few days and save some money. ;-)

We are at Reserve Dealer and I can confirm that they have a parts shortage...we have been waiting for our new pair of CLX demos for over 3 months now.

To all of the customers that have been waiting an unusual amount of time for products: We are at fault for many of the delivery issues of the last few months. Several reasons are behind it, but the fact is we created a perfect storm that hamstrung us for this inordinate time. Good news is that the moves to improve warehouse and delivery, internal operating software upgrades and some missed parts orders finally coming in, this problem should be all over by the end of September. I have had to call/write several customers at my dealers behest to help explain it and to take the dealer out of the blame loop so to those who are still waiting, know that goods are shipping and most issues are being solved. In the long run, improvements in operations and a move to a new warehouse facility as well as hopefully opening another on the west coast next year will make these last couple of months pain a distant memory. Growth can be sometimes painful. Brian did his job as there may be other reasons why a dealer is not being shipped so did not want to introduce a conflict. This thread has gotten some time on it so i had to jump in.

Back