Subwoofer connection advice

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjay

Reaction score
I have a jl audio f110 sub which I want to connect to a Marantz AV7005 processor. It looks like both have male XLR connectors. Is Male to Male XLR connection correct?

did you buy your JL new or used...if new, what kind of discount
did you receive or did you have to pay full price? Just curious since
i'm considering a sub for the first time. I've narrowed it down to
JL F110, F112 or PSB Subseries 500. The F110 and the PSB
retail for about $2100. I found a new PSB for $1400. It's
a little larger than the JLs though...i like a smaller footprint.

Last edited:
did you buy your JL new or used...if new, what kind of discount
did you receive or did you have to pay full price?
I bought my JL f110 used from Jeff(tonepub) for an extremely fair price and it came in perfect shape as described. I need a second JL F112/F113 sub for my theatre/ multi-channel music area in another room. I just sold my ML Grotto this week.

I bought my JL f110 used from Jeff(tonepub) for an extremely fair price and it came in perfect shape as described. I need a second JL F112/F113 sub for my theatre/ multi-channel music area in another room. I just sold my ML Grotto this week.

How does it sound for music ? Does it disappear with your main
speakers at all volume levels, or does it call attention to itself ?

How does it sound for music ? Does it disappear with your main
speakers at all volume levels, or does it call attention to itself ?
The JL f100 is the only sub I have heard that doesn't have that sub bass "bloom". Very accurate and fast. I would say that if you have main speakers that only go down to 40 - 50hz. a JL f110 sub is your answer.

I use the JL F110 sub with the Magnepan 1.7 speakers for 2 channel only. It is easier to setup than any sub I have used before.

F113

I plan to check out a JL F113 in my system this weekend. I have SL3's. Any suggestions on set up, placement. JL seems to get great reviews.
Thanks

I have my F112 in the middle left between my CLS IIz pulled out from the wall behind the speakers about 4'.

The set up is easy using the built in ARO and mic that's included.

JL makes a great sub, love the integration with my CLS's!

Back