Stage X vs. Cinema i

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JLasher22443

Reaction score
So I have a question for the ML Gods here.

Is upgrading my Cinema i to a Stage X going to make a world of difference in my Theater? Has anyone here done this upgrade and how did it change your listening room?

Thanks in advance!

Going to stage from cinema was a major improvement in my system. Perhaps more for 5.1 music than for movies.

Joel

I upgraded from the Cinema i to the stage and it made a huge difference for movies. If the stage x is supposed to sound better. I only listen to music on 2.1 so can't advise on this part.

I watched 13 assassins on bluray when I bought the Stage and was switching back and forth between the Matinee. There was a scene with a practice duel with wooden swords and the air and weight was swooshing through the Stage was top notch. This was totally different with the matinee, even though all the detail was there it just did not have a huge forward impact. I swear it sounded like two warriors in my room swinging for each other with the speed and transparency. Another movie I went back and forth with was sucker punch that has heavy bass and alot of music. With the Stage there was more emotion and gunshots and explosions were packed. I think there is a great difference for dialogue and its just a more well rounded for HT

For music I did a configuration with my Anthem D2 with ARC and results were very impressive. I put Duffy on as the vocals are just heavenly and when listening to the Stage I found it blended seamlessly with my Vista making it so hard to pinpoint between the L/C/R. For me its the perfect choice for the Vista and I fear moving up the food chain to a bigger logan on the fronts will ruin the soundstage I have now and draw more attention than I would like to the Stage

Back