Spotify in the USA!!!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

User211

Reaction score
Spotify

Get yourselves a premium subscription - especially if you have an iPhone.

Make sure you have Edit->Preferences->High quality streaming set. 320KBps Ogg Vorbis mode. Not all material is available at this bit rate, but quite a lot is. Not CD quality, but not bad - pretty listenable even on great systems.

It is a good service. I lose all my synch'd tracks on my iPhone whenever I upgrade the Spotify s/w, so have to re-download it all - not sure if they have fixed this as I won't upgrade it as a result of being bitten a few times now. But actually the Spotify phone s/w is really quite nice... as hopefully some of you will see.

Last edited:
Guys - this is a top streaming service. If anyone would like to try it free - just PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you an invite.

You need to pay to get the high bit rate stuff, though.

Very definately recommended - your listening habits will change when you have it - for the better.

I signed up last week - it is nice. I wish they had a random mode like pandora, though. It does a great job of mixing in new material that I like. Great for discovery.

I signed up last week - it is nice. I wish they had a random mode like pandora, though. It does a great job of mixing in new material that I like. Great for discovery.

The radio stations? Random and category/era selectable. Check them out...

It is a good service. I lose all my synch'd tracks on my iPhone whenever I upgrade the Spotify s/w, so have to re-download it all - not sure if they have fixed this as I won't upgrade it as a result of being bitten a few times now. But actually the Spotify phone s/w is really quite nice... as hopefully some of you will see.

Quoting myself - but I upgraded 41 iPhone apps yesterday - including Spotify - and it kept all my phone buffered tracks. So no longer a problem!:)

The radio stations? Random and category/era selectable. Check them out...

I don't see radio stations. Is that a premium only deal? I haven't signed up for premium just because that feature is missing.

I don't see radio stations. Is that a premium only deal? I haven't signed up for premium just because that feature is missing.

I didn't think it was TBH - sure I remember when I was using the advert riddled free version.

TIS good - you can select those genres you wan't to listen to, and the eras - all at the same time.

See screen shot below - top left highlighted. Get premium - you need that high bit rate service with a pair of Logans. And get an iPhone to make the most of it at work too of course:)

This service is worth getting some sort of rudimentary computer audio setup for if you haven't got one IMHO. You'll get hip to it stateside - may take a while - but it has gone down a storm here in Europe.

Attachments

• spotify.jpg
    spotify.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 106
  • spotify.jpg
    spotify.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Yea, I don't have the radio option at all - it is either a premium only or likely not a USA thing. And fwiw, this is not being played through the real stereo, just at work. If I were to get it working like I want, I probably would pay for premium and stream it, though.

Yea, I don't have the radio option at all - it is either a premium only or likely not a USA thing. And fwiw, this is not being played through the real stereo, just at work. If I were to get it working like I want, I probably would pay for premium and stream it, though.

You can blatantly see it on the USA Spotify pages on the screenshots... so it is there in some way, shape or form.

Thank you for inviting me User! I'm going to play around with it and see if I want to pay for it! I think I will just for the High Quality playback feature because it is not available for the free version :/ but its seems cool. I just wish I could pay a flat rate for the year. But even the MP3 compressed actually sounds better then I anticipated!

You can blatantly see it on the USA Spotify pages on the screenshots... so it is there in some way, shape or form.

http://pansentient.com/2011/07/ten-more-top-spotify-tips/

3. Spotify Radio USA

Spotify’s radio feature is currently disabled in the US. No big loss really, as it’s not that great in its current form. What is great though are the many community sites developed to make up for Spotify’s limited radio and recommendation engine. Sites like spotibot.com and spotiseek.com generate custom playlists for you based on an artist’s name. Taking it to the next level, truShuffle will generate suggestions for you on-the-fly, auto-filling a playlist with recommended songs while you listen.

Thank you for inviting me User! I'm going to play around with it and see if I want to pay for it! I think I will just for the High Quality playback feature because it is not available for the free version :/ but its seems cool. I just wish I could pay a flat rate for the year. But even the MP3 compressed actually sounds better then I anticipated!

No problem JordanD! If you're running it through Logans you will hear the diff. the high bit rate makes. - much more pleasant.

You can run one account on up to 3 PCs - and we have it on his and her iPhones too. Though you can get into Spotify fights with your other half as only one device can stream at a time. Signing on kills any other active session - PC or otherwise.

Yeah right now I am just listening on my Sennheisers here at work right now, and my Logans are not yet at my house haha. They are on order and will hopefully be at my house soon.

Thats nice. I can have it on my home computer, work computer, and iPhone!

http://pansentient.com/2011/07/ten-more-top-spotify-tips/

3. Spotify Radio USA

Spotify’s radio feature is currently disabled in the US. No big loss really, as it’s not that great in its current form. What is great though are the many community sites developed to make up for Spotify’s limited radio and recommendation engine. Sites like spotibot.com and spotiseek.com generate custom playlists for you based on an artist’s name. Taking it to the next level, truShuffle will generate suggestions for you on-the-fly, auto-filling a playlist with recommended songs while you listen.

Hm - misleading in the US website then... wonder why it is disabled?

Sure there are a lot of similar services stateside. But the 320Knps data rate makes it for me...

Napster really did sound below par and I had to struggle to listen to it in my main system.

Back