Source Serial Numbers

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j_sunne

Reaction score
Hi all, new member of the MLC.

I just bought some demo Sources at a BB, as they're discontinued to make way for Electromotions. I got the serial numbers to register the warranty and afterwards checked the pdf file for decoding date of manufacture. The Sources aren't on there, but from what I can gather, as mine are SOSH***, does that mean they're from AUG 2007? I paid about what new ones would cost online, but it gave me a chance to audition them at home. I've sent an email to ML regarding warranty coverage for 5 years. I was asured I'd be covered...but I was also told they were recent demos.

They sound great and work just fine with my Yamaha HTR-6090. But, if these are 3 years old, is that much of a concern? At least there's no smoking at Best Buy.

If I don't get a full warranty coverage, I'd definitely be taking them back and go the online route, but if age isn't much to be concerned about, I'd just as much keep these. They look fine and sound great.

Any thoughts? TIA

Shouldn't be an issue, retailers usually start the ML warrenty as soon as the item is sold. Many will have a demo for 1 to 2 years before cycling them out for other products, the 5 year warrenty starts when they hit your hands.

Still haven't heard back from ML regarding the warranty, I guess I'll call at some point. They did seem to register OK online.

I guess my biggest concern was the age of these as demos. Is 3 years in a store going to harm their lifespan substantially?

From reading the forum it seems a lot of people have problems with their panels wearing out in 6-8 years. I understand that people wth problems are more likely to post than folks posting "10 years and going strong", but it does give me pause. On the other hand, I'm having no problems, these sound great, and are already here in my room allowing me to enjoy music.

Maybe I should just chill and enjoy them.

Back