SL3 or Quest Z

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markc2

Reaction score
Hi All,

If there was about a 200.00 difference between the two (SL3 Quest Z) which would you buy if you had a mc275 and a 13x26 room.

I listen mostly to Jazz and Classical and throw in Rock and Roll from time to time!

I'm coming from a older pair of Quad Esl-63's (I'm just tired or replacing panels about every 2 or three years. )

Thanks for any and all responses!

Mark

Quest Z was in between Quest and ReQuest, with twice size of panel compare to SL3, you are getting much bigger sound and lower end. And if Quest Z already been replaced with newer panel, it should be much easier to drive. And yes, it totally worth the exact 200.

Last edited:
Definitely the Quest Z.

I had Quest Z's before running with a Sunfire 200 x 5 power amp - and those suckers rocked. 12inch woofers and huge panels - only thing is they are tall about 6ft or so - but the sound is amazing. Huge soundstage and bass that will have you jump off your seat - really no need for subs. It's definitely worth it to get the Quest Z's for the extra 200 bucks.

Back