Room Treatments

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Acoustically treating my room after having it designed by Michael Green made a major difference...MJ also designed where the treatments went. My stereo subs and the speakers are on platforms that have brass points that isolate them from the floor. When listening to the room with no music playing it is very flat response, but a very lively room. I don't need to turn up the volume nearly as high as in the previous room...another reason I'm selling the Sunfire Cinema Grand Sig....don't need 425 watts per anymore.
The soundstage is very wide and deep with the music wrapping around me...3D...like it was surround sound but with only the stereo speakers.

It was money well spent.

edwinr,

thanks for posting those links. I am having a house built and I will have a dedicated media room. Actually, it's the 2nd floor gameroom, but it's all mine and that's what I'm going to use it for. The problem is that there is a five or six foot opening into the hallway. I was wondering how I was going to solve that problem, but after reading the first article, I realized the variscreens are a perfect solution! Now, to read the second article.

Last edited:
Ill tell you guys, the best money I've EVER spent on hifi, was to put some big bass traps in my listening room. With a panel speaker especially, you will notice some big gains if you can do some selective damping/absorbsion in your rooms!

Then you will be able to hear the other tweeks a lot easier!!

:)

Back