Rocky Mountain Audio Fest

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angela

Reaction score
Roger said a whole bunch of Martin Logan Owners Forum guys were in his room (Sanders Sound Systems) on Friday. He really enjoyed the visit. He's been so busy, it's hard to get names (and retain them). Anyone know who was there?

Any other news from the show?

Cheers,
Angela

AND what DO you call a big group of audiophiles? :think: Bunch doesn't seem adequate.

Angela, check out this post by Mitt. If you P.M. him, I am sure he can give you the names of who was there.

Last edited:
AND what DO you call a big group of audiophiles? :think: Bunch doesn't seem adequate.
Since they were probably walking around with their tongues hanging out, salivating at the sights and sounds of the equipment, I think "gaggle" would be most appropriate.

So Angela, $1000001 question - is the 10B better than a Summit?:D Let's have the lowdown...:)

Now there's a loaded question! I'm sure we could do this test in my listening room. I mean . . . I already have a great room that is acoustically well-treated, with a pair of Summits and Roger's preamp and esl monoblocs. All that would be necessary would be for Roger and Angela to come out and visit with a pair of 10B's. We could have a great day of listening. Then I could keep the one that sounds better, and they could take the loser home with them. :D

How about that, then Angela? If Rich reports back saying the 10B blows the Summit away, the sales could be good.

Of course, if it doesn't, well, Rich just won't say anything, will he?:)

Now there's a loaded question! I'm sure we could do this test in my listening room. I mean . . . I already have a great room that is acoustically well-treated, with a pair of Summits and Roger's preamp and esl monoblocs.

Be nice if we could see and Fing picture of that room Rich.:devil:
Some of us around here,(not to mention names Dave), are older than dirt.
We just wonder before we die if we'll ever get to see a picture.
At this point with the long buildup and anticipation, it'll have to be one Hell of a room or we'll all be disappointed.

Be nice if we could see and Fing picture of that room Rich.:devil:
Some of us around here,(not to mention names Dave), are older than dirt.
We just wonder before we die if we'll ever get to see a picture.
At this point with the long buildup and anticipation, it'll have to be one Hell of a room or we'll all be disappointed.

You're not that old, Wayne (now Dave . . . that's a different story). Heck, you're even still fertile, unlike Hugh Hefner these days.

Honestly, I have been waiting to get one last piece of furniture in there to finish things out before I posted the system. But with the new kid, I just haven't had much time to spend in my listening room. You will understand what I mean over the next year.

I am afraid you are right, though. With all the buildup, there is no way my room/equipment is going to meet expectations.

Well.... the most interest from this forum has been in having an amplifier that can really deliver the power your ML ESL's and that has been a really good partnership. I don't think that Roger ever wanted to challenge your speaker choices, just help you get the best sound possible from them.

Having said that... a throw down, eh? Interesting idea and I'll share it with Roger tonight after he gets back from the show. Rich knows the ABX test set up well.

Roger said the show has been really good for him this year with folks coming back 10 or more times. 10 or more times? As crazy as that sounds, yes. And multiple people, not just the same one/group. His experience has been that he usually doesn't get direct sales from shows, but some could turn into sales down the road. He is feeling like he will get sales directly from the show. I am so pleased, Roger is such a good guy and really has perfected his products. His set up is very simple and room uncluttered.

Being right across the hall from Krell and "THE WORLD'S GREATEST SPEAKERS!" (vendor slips my mind); he's had so many come back and tell him that he has the best sound at the show. He also said that there are a lot more international visitors this years (usually only seen at CES). He's not planning on going to CES or T.H.E. Show this year as RMAF is working out really well for him.

I understand that ML is not there? Do y'all know why? Has ML been there in the past? This show is really growing.

Cheers,
Angela

Being right across the hall from Krell and "THE WORLD'S GREATEST SPEAKERS!" (vendor slips my mind); he's had so many come back and tell him that he has the best sound at the show.

YG Acoustics. Their Anat Reference is playing down on the First floor, and they have gotten better every year, but... I don't think Roger has to worry about any competition from them just yet.

I can't keep up with you guys...:duh: but thanks for pointing me back off in the right direction each time.

So Angela, $1000001 question - is the 10B better than a Summit?:D Let's have the lowdown...:)

From what I heard, IMHO, the 10B is not better, but of course, that's subjective. Being able to hear both in the same room would be the best way to compare. The way they were set up at the show allowed for a very, very narrow sweet spot.

Roger does say they have a small sweet spot on his YouTube video.

Seems like Roger and his 10B versus a big company like ML probably isn't a fair match. ML has a lot more resource on tap to build a better speaker...

As you say, though, for a fair contest, they'd need to be in the same room, with the same equipment.

Last edited:
Roger said a whole bunch of Martin Logan Owners Forum guys were in his room (Sanders Sound Systems) on Friday. He really enjoyed the visit. He's been so busy, it's hard to get names (and retain them). Anyone know who was there?

Any other news from the show?

Cheers,
Angela

AND what DO you call a big group of audiophiles? :think: Bunch doesn't seem adequate.[/QUOTE

Angela -

We only had a small showing from the forum that went to the RMAF.

Myself (Erik)

Twich54 (Dave)

Mitt (Tim)

Feltran (Seth)

Tim's friend, Joe.

Slowgeezr (Steve)

I checked them out with a couple buddies also. They mentioned my Logans a few times so he may have assumed we were all Loganites. I would think any Logan owners would check out the other stats at a show. He's probably just assuming Logan owners = ML club.

Well, I made my offer completely tongue-in-cheek, but of course Roger and Angela jumped at the opportunity and have offered to ship me his speakers and the ABX switch so we could do this comparison. It just shows what a stand-up guy he is that he would be willing to do this.

Unfortunately, for several reasons of my own, I had to respectfully decline. I really don't have time right now to organize and host an event like this and I don't expect I would get a lot of participation here in north Alabama. Also, while my listening room is great acoustically, it really isn't large enough to accommodate two sets of speakers for a side-by-side comparison.

So I am just throwing this out there in case anyone else is interested in hosting such an event. I have no doubt that it would be a lot of fun and a worthy comparison of top-notch speakers, but I just can't pull it off right now. My time is too limited.

I sincerely thank Roger and Angela for being so willing to put forth their time, energy and product in an effort to allow us the opportunity to make the comparison. I can't say enough about Roger's customer service and willingness to do whatever he can to help his customers make good decisions.

Latest posts

Back