RMAF 2007 Day 1

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These were one of my favorite speakers I heard at the show. YG Acoustics. They are manufactured in Arvada, CO but not sold in the US. One dealer in Denmark and one in Japan.

Attachments

• YG Acoustics.jpg
    YG Acoustics.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
The Sinatra thing is weird. I was there on Sunday and some guy had a 2nd gen master of Sinatra in that same room. I'm not a Sinatra fan, but it sounded great. MiTT. Did you check out the $170,000 Acapellas?

I did indeed, they will be in part of my Day 2 report. I don't want to spoil it, but I liked their little brothers better...

These were one of my favorite speakers I heard at the show. YG Acoustics. They are manufactured in Arvada, CO but not sold in the US. One dealer in Denmark and one in Japan.

They still take orders in the US, and I know they have shipped some to Israel as well. My friend manages all of their shipping and I've met Yoav a few times. I think they sound better than they did the first time I heard them 2 years ago. They are exceptionally tonally accurate, but I think they are a little dry, and, at least on the material I listened to when I was in the room on Saturday night, the soundstage was very shallow. Don't get me wrong, they sounded good - but for me to part with 70 Large, I'd expect them to sound EXCEPTIONAL in all regards. I thought there were a lot of less expensive speakers that sounded as good or even better.

He did show them with better equipment than in the past - full dCS stack, Krell pre-amp and FBP-400 monoblocks. I wonder what they would sound like with some even higher end amplification?

I didn't like the blue anodized front baffles either, they just didn't do it for me...

Attachments

• YG2.jpg
    YG2.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 139
  • YG3.jpg
    YG3.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 139
  • YG1.jpg
    YG1.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Tim, my friend your making me just a tad jealous !! I'm sure the feeling must be like a herion addict @ an Opium Convention !

Love the "as usual" excellent coverage.

I told Shirley next year our fall trip out to visit our son WILL coincide with RMAF !!

They still take orders in the US, and I know they have shipped some to Israel as well. My friend manages all of their shipping and I've met Yoav a few times. I think they sound better than they did the first time I heard them 2 years ago. They are exceptionally tonally accurate, but I think they are a little dry, and, at least on the material I listened to when I was in the room on Saturday night, the soundstage was very shallow. Don't get me wrong, they sounded good - but for me to part with 70 Large, I'd expect them to sound EXCEPTIONAL in all regards. I thought there were a lot of less expensive speakers that sounded as good or even better.

He did show them with better equipment than in the past - full dCS stack, Krell pre-amp and FBP-400 monoblocks. I wonder what they would sound like with some even higher end amplification?

I didn't like the blue anodized front baffles either, they just didn't do it for me...

Tim:

My hearing sucks, so I really can't say something is better or worse. The thing I did notice about these speakers, they were TIGHT.

Sorry, I didn't mean to ruin the Acapellas for you.

Tim:

My hearing sucks, so I really can't say something is better or worse. The thing I did notice about these speakers, they were TIGHT.

Sorry, I didn't mean to ruin the Acapellas for you.

No appologies necessary. I thought both of the rooms with the Acapellas were very good sounding and they are an exciting speaker to experience. Those plasma tweeters are almost a bit unnerving huh? I was wondering if they might just unleash spits of flame like a dragon when there were passages with a lot of sibilants like brushes riding a high hat or something. I'll have a lot more to say about them in the other thread.

The YG's were definately TIGHT. That's kind of what I meant when I said they were tonally accurate, and particularly in the bass, they had an extreemly fast attack, but not much of a decay that would give me a clue to differentiate say one type of drum from another, or a viola from a cello very easily were they playing the same note - i.e, it would be hard to determine the body of an instrument on them, something that comes very easily to a speaker like the JM Labs Nova Utopias, the Usher Be400's and the Avalons. I think this same tightness also is a factor in the lack of spatial clues.

Back