Replacement for the Stage?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmschnur

Reaction score
Any word on new ML upscale center to replace the current Stage in the next 12-24 months. I want toipgrade from my cinema I but would very upset if something new and better came out in the next year or so since I can wait

Any word on new ML upscale center to replace the current Stage in the next 12-24 months. I want toipgrade from my cinema I but would very upset if something new and better came out in the next year or so since I can wait

If you can afford the stage then go for it. If you buy it for the 2k street price you wont loose mutch when you sell it as the high end center channels hold their price very well ..... just look at the used theaters for example

You have to think they will be upgrading it soon. The Stage is getting pretty long in the tooth. I would be surprised if we didn't see an upgrade in the next twelve to 24 months.

Both good comments

Thanks

If you can afford the stage then go for it. If you buy it for the 2k street price you wont loose mutch when you sell it as the high end center channels hold their price very well ..... just look at the used theaters for example

I looked it up. You are right:t ebay and audigon both have one for ~2000.

I will hold off for a while and see what is happening this summer.

Joel

Hard to imagine how they'll top the Stage. It's such a great product already. I've heard people say that it doesn't match well with the Summit X, but it sounds just right to me. I have not heard a better center channel speaker.

The M-L Stage's the thing

I have had a Stage with both Summits and now CLX's. I think that it is a good match with the latter once the speaker parameters are dialed in. Given the fact that a center channel has some size limitations in most home theater set-ups, I don't know how M-L could make a better one and keep the dimensions comparable. Of course, where there's a will, there's always a way.

Back