Recommendations for usb to spdif converter

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My tact preamp (plus internal dac) is modified to the b0ll0cks. Every single capacitor inside it has been replaced with 'black gates' and i mean all of them including all the caps on the dac card. In total there must be around 100 black gate capacitors in it ranging from their mid range 'fk' series up to the top of the range red coloured 'nx' series. The sound of the built in dac card is that good the guy from 'aberdeen components' (anthony padilla) has basically stolen it from me. I sent it to him nearly half a year ago for repairs and he won't give it back to me.

Yes, but what model? I'm interested in seeing the interface options and specs.

There is a method to my madness........as the above will say a lot about how best to stream computer audio to it.

It's a 2.2X (Full MAUI-MODS modified). Here's a link to some of the specs. They're for the newer 2.2XP but it has the same connections on the rear. The only way it differs to the new model is that with the new version you can also perform room correction via the remote control whereas on the older version you can only perform the room correction connected to a desktop computer. Other than that both units are identical http://www.tactlab.com/Products/RCS22XP/features.html

Last edited:
It's a 2.2X (Full MAUI-MODS modified). Here's a link to some of the specs. They're for the newer 2.2XP but it has the same connections on the rear. The only way it differs to the new model is that with the new version you can also perform room correction via the remote control whereas on the older version you can only perform the room correction connected to a desktop computer. Other than that both units are identical http://www.tactlab.com/Products/RCS22XP/features.html

Nice DAC. Anyway - what I said holds - I did think some of the TacT DACs allowed direct network connectivity. Not sure where I got that from.

Nice DAC. Anyway - what I said holds - I did think some of the TacT DACs allowed direct network connectivity. Not sure where I got that from.

What do you mean? Could you elaborate please?

What do you mean? Could you elaborate please?

Some DACs have network connectivity, effectively turning them into a networked music server. eg. the PS Audio PerfectWave Bridge.

The DAC then connects directly to the music server, eliminating the problems caused by sending clocked data over cables.

Latest posts

Back