question on center channel and reciever

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kady

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm planning on pulling the trigger on ESL, FX2, and either C or C2

the problem is I don't have space for C2 so I would like to have the motion C instead,
do you think it will match with the ESL?

I'm also planning of using Anthem MRX500
any comments on that?

I'm probably going to add Dynamo 1000 at a later stage (if needed)

thank you

Hola. I think you are in the right track. All the Motion series centers are matched to be use for the Electromotions. The Anthem will drive them easy. I wish to you a very happy listening!

So u think The C will do just fine?

For some reason on ML site they only match the C2 with the ESL

Hola... this is what ML says at their site..." ElectroMotion Series speakers are voice and timbre matched with one another as well as the rest of the MartinLogan line. With audiophile-grade floorstanding electrostatic loudspeakers , this new series represents the most compelling 'affordable' audiophile-grade speakers ever brought to market"... so, I think it is ok to use the C2 along the Electromotions... happy listening!

I added the C2 to my ESL floor standing speakers about a month ago and it is amazing. The voices jump out at you. If there is anyway you can fit the C2 in your set-up, I'd suggest it. I just added the dynamo 700. Fills the bass out superbly. It's clear and relaxing to listen to. I'm awaiting for the arrival of the Fx2, hopefully in a day or so. Everytime I add a new piece, the entire set up, jumps ahead more than imaginable. Well worth the money. I'm going to add another sub, but for now, it's perfect the way it is.

I got the esl and fitted the c2 in about 12 cm lower than the TV

Got dynamo 1000 had a power amp issue so returned to shop and borrowed an abyss

As a matter of fact I'm not impressed by the abyss, wonder of the dynamo is going to be any better?

I'm using anthem 500 with this setup

What is the recommended placement for fx2?

Based on what I have read, your surrounds should be placed from 90-110 degrees from your listening position and approx 6'0 up onto the wall. It should be around 1-2 feet above your head at seated position. That's my plan, when I receive them. Again, this is only from what I've read. Maybe some others will throw out some other suggestions/opinions.

Thanks for the info, but I don't understand the 90-110 degrees part?
My back wall is actually 2 inches away from listening spot (small room)
90 degrees would be corners?

The degree angle would be an imaginary line from your tv, straight towards your listening area, then imagine the line goes immediately to your left and right ( 90 degrees) and if your room allows it, the speaker can be placed slightly behind you(up to 110 degrees)

Back