Prodigy panels custom speakers

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Watchdog

Reaction score
I would first like to thank JonFo for his recommendations. These are some brand new Prodigy panels that I have turned into some speakers. They are connected to a Tact Audio preamp and amp that have all the crossovers and room correction. I have installed 18 inch free air subs in the ceiling. The crossover is at 300hz and sounds great. There is a little gap in mid bass but I will be adding some free air or sealed mid base towers. Any recommendations for drivers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again to those who helped.

Attachments

• 9 1 2009 019.jpg small.jpg
    9 1 2009 019.jpg small.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 674
  • 9 1 2009 018.jpg small.jpg
    9 1 2009 018.jpg small.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 546
  • 9 1 2009 024.jpg small.jpg
    9 1 2009 024.jpg small.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 557
Great job they look like a CLS's little brother. Post more pics of the room in general. I look forward to seeing how your project progresses.

I am in a project making new frames for my CLS's at the moment also.

Cool I thought about that with some Quest panels a while back. I was to lazy or to busy !

Depending on your budget, you could go for some:
1. Dayton Audio RS180s (7" drivers, I have 6 of these per side in my own midwoofers)...this is my recommendation for value - $40/driver
at about double the cost
2. Usher Audio Usher 8137A (These are 8" drivers...$65/driver)
3. Usher Audio 8945A or P (7"/$100 per driver)
4. Peerless HDS 830883 (7" more than the daytons, less than the Ushers...$70)

zaphaudio.com has some good comparisons on drivers you can look at.

GL! Nice project!

Hi Watchdog, congrats on a nice looking result.

I'm sure the TacT helps with the room interface and crossovers, please tell us more about that part of the setup.

As for running an 18" driver up to 300Hz, I'm not surprised you have a bit of hole there. Any of the drivers IWalker recommended would do much better.

A line array is what I'd recommend for mid-bass elements (is that what you meant by 'towers' ?)

Six units per side produces plenty of output.

I've done models with the Dayton and the Peerless, and either one would be fine for this application.
With six drivers, you will be operating each one well within its clean (low distortion) envelope.

I am thinking of a free air line array. I would like it to play from 100hz to 500hz at the max. The Tact system is a digital system consisting of a 4 ch preamp and digital amps. Each output of the preamp has up to a 12th order adjustable crossover as well as dynamic room correction. I take my mic measurement and get a frequency response on the laptop. I set my crossovers and draw a new freq response curve and it takes care of the rest. The digital amps have 150 watts X2 at 8 ohm with digital bandpass crossovers. I will run the panel 500hz and up. I will run the free air mid bass tower at 100hz to 500hz and the 18 inch subs 100hz and down. Like a little mini Statement but active.

Latest posts

Back