Pre-Amplifiers - Tubes or SS? Decisions, Decisions

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
or you can get the amazing X-1 and save a lot of money. This is what I have.

Last edited:
that was a bad pic. This one is much better.:D

Last edited:
I have photo's of Ron Logan Sutherland on the other Thread...

Indeed Robin...... Hmmmmmmmmm.

<- Does some research.
BD,

Yes, It is true... :D I have posted photo's of Mr. Sutherland at CEDIA shows talking and answering Q's about his Sutherland ~ Director as well as all the other gear his company offers. The photo's I posted deep inside the ~ "ML Super System Seeing / Hearing Is Believing" Thread... Check it out... He's a good looking man as well. :p

You know their are a lot of internal electronics in our ML speakers, which Mr. Sutherland developed for all of us... ;) IMHO, we all owe him a huge "Thank you" for all he's done for us in regards to our ML speakers we enjoy so much.

The Magnificant ARC ~ Ref III and LS-26...

Don't forget the Ref-3, the new LS-26 bests the Ref-2 MkII. So you can just imagine the Ref-3 :eek: ....Steve
stesom,

Yes, I quite agree...:D

:) The only reason, I haven't yet mentioned the ARC Ref III or the LS-26 is beacuse I can't find desent new photot's of them, I like on the internet. These are outstanding examples of ARC ~ preamp technology that's for sure. :cheers:

stesom,

Yes, I quite agree...:D

:) The only reason, I haven't yet mentioned the ARC Ref III or the LS-26 is beacuse I can't find desent new photot's of them, I like on the internet. These are outstanding examples of ARC ~ preamp technology that's for sure. :cheers:

Robin my love, check my earlier post on page one of this thread !! An LS-26 in all it's glory !!

ok, Robin, you're provoking. Here are some european holy grails, from brinkmann and from burmester.

Attachments

• marconi1.jpg
    marconi1.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 170
  • pre-amp-808-mk5-big.jpg
    pre-amp-808-mk5-big.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 170
  • calvin1.jpg
    calvin1.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 176
How Embarrassing...

Robin my love, check my earlier post on page one of this thread !! An LS-26 in all it's glory !!
Dave,

You are quite right... :eek: I apologize. :eek: Well, I'll just concentrate on the ARC Ref III photo... Thanks Dave for the good-eye... :D The ARC LS-26 is a real tubed preamp beauty that's for sure... ;)

European Preamp Greats... But Do You Know About The Lindemann 820?

lugano,

The Brinkmann and Burmester preamps look lovely. :D Have you heard them or auditioned them in the past?

:) I was also wondering if by chance you had you ever heard of or auditioned the German made, Lindemann 820 CD/SACD player (it also has volume control / preamp inside)? I am finding that the Lindemann 820's are extremely hard to find in the USA.

The Brinkmann and Burmester preamps look lovely. :D Have you heard them or auditioned them in the past?

:) I was also wondering if by chance you had you ever heard of or auditioned the German made, Lindemann 820 CD/SACD player (it also has volume control / preamp inside)?

Yes, Robin. I owned a brinkmann preamp and my local Martinlogan reseller is also a Burmester reseller. Great stuff, sounding the opposite of what you might expect, i.e. quite warm. The Lindemann is only a player (you can download the brochure from here: http://www.gtaudio.com/cuts/820_Brochure.pdf) but you might like the associated Lindemann 830 preamp:

Attachments

• lindemann2.jpg
    lindemann2.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 986
Lindemann 820 CD/SACD Player...

Yes, Robin. I owned a brinkmann preamp and my local Martinlogan reseller is also a Burmester reseller. Great stuff, sounding the opposite of what you might expect, i.e. quite warm. The Lindemann is only a player (you can download the brochure from here: http://www.gtaudio.com/cuts/820_Brochure.pdf) but you might like the associated Lindemann 830 preamp:
lugano,

Cool you own a Brinkmann preamp... :D It is good to know that the Brinkmannn sounds as good as it looks.

Thank you for the information on the Lindemann 820 CD/SACD player. :D According to all the information I have read regarding the Lindemann 820 CD/SACD player - it does have a preamp inside it as well, thus connectable directly to power amplifiers, which is a totally cool situation. ;)
So you have not had the opportunity to audition the Lindemann 820..., Oh well..., I'll keep looking for a dealer somewhere in the USA.

:D Thanks again...

The Wonderful ARC Reference III Preamp...

:drool: Without further-a-do... I give you the lovely and amazing ARC Reference III preamp... :drool:

Attachments

• ACR Ref III.jpg
    ACR Ref III.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 759
  • ARC - Reference 3.jpg
    ARC - Reference 3.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 855

Latest posts

Back