Pics pics pics... my Vantage pics!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
News update:

Ordered the maple Vantages... should be in my possession in a few weeks. Until then, the dark cherry will have to do... :) .

Very nice! M2 at 23? I'll be 24 when I take first step... Good luck on it and congrats on the Vantage!

Thanks for all the compliments everyone! I hope to post new pics once I get the maple Vantages in here, locked and loaded. I had some friends over today and they listened to my system... blown away again. This is getting repetitive.... lol. I have yet to meet someone who doesnt like the Vantage sound. ;)

Any of you thinking of upgrading... do it, do it, do it.... :) .

I was looking at the systems on audiogon (like the real high end ones such as the Wilson Alexandria X2, several Prodigies, Dali Megaline, etc) and they mentioned that they wish they got into this hobby when they were younger.... after reading that, I realized how fortunate I am. I am real glad I got into this hobby, it really de-stresses me out, I meet/converse with other audiophiles (like you guys), and the fun of trying to see how far I can take my system always interests me. I am thankful for the blessings I've had and my ability to acquire what I consider my dream system earlier than I expected... I take a step back and I feel that I dont deserve this sometimes.

Bedtime... long school day tomorrow. Good nite ML folks. ;)

Last edited:
I am green with envy. You will need these when you become a tern. Trust me-been there, done that! But the good news (other than the Vantages of course) is with the new ACGME rules you will only have to work 80 hours a week instead of the 120 I worked which means you'll actually have time to listen (and of course I was forced to work barefoot in the snow during New England winters). HA!

Man, I miss the good ol' days.

Suddenly I feel an urge to go read up on Stereophile or TAS.

Damn it. I cannot believe it's been 4 years since I picked up my first real ML set up. Time flew.

Man, I miss the good ol' days.

Suddenly I feel an urge to go read up on Stereophile or TAS.

Damn it. I cannot believe it's been 4 years since I picked up my first real ML set up. Time flew.

The good ol'days. Now think back again. The dorm room, that library of books to be memorized by June. More than one post about studying and testing. Have Dr Joey feel his fore head he may be feverish and a hallucinating.:rolleyes:

As to life being simpler at times, Yes we all want to get on with life then realize how complicated it can get.
Glad to hear things are going well for you in spite of not replacing you music system yet.

Welcome back Joey. Enjoy thoses new speakers!!!

Hey Joey,

This is what you need for your next system:

Woo Audio WES Amplifier & Stax SR-007 mk. 2 Electrostatic Headphones

Steve and I heard this combo at RMAF and it was incredible. :drool:

I had a very nice headphone setup at one point Rich.... it was like a $2000 setup not including source components (just the headphone and the class a amp). I even used the headphone out of the SLP-05 at one point in time.

As nice as the headphone system can be, no match for the real deal holyfield... speakers!
:music:

Hey Joey,

This is what you need for your next system:

Woo Audio WES Amplifier & Stax SR-007 mk. 2 Electrostatic Headphones

Steve and I heard this combo at RMAF and it was incredible. :drool:

Agreed! So Rich, did you pick up that combo? I'm still waiting for my Ayre QB-9 to ship. I'm anxious to see how good the Amarra software really is, too, over the I-Tunes software. The last issue of Stereophile said, "If you can't hear the difference, you're system isn't good enough."

Joey, good to see you posting again.

Last edited:
Back