Obsessive hobbies....

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still can't bring myself to buy another car.

However, I did finally 3D print a solution using Drone vibration isolation shocks that stabilizes my Vive Tracker so that my VR motion compensation works properly.

So now when my motion sim brake dives or banks, in VR my Dashboard doesn't move up/down or tilt with the motion and importantly it doesn't get upset when I hit a rumble strip and flip my view sideways.

IsolationAssembly_9296.jpg
IsolationAssembly_9299.jpg
TrackerIsolationInserts_9300.jpg
TrackerMounted_9302.jpg

AI generated heavy metal song based on a single line prompt using sono.ai. It's definitely not remotely audiophile quality, but it only took it about a minute to generate lyrics and two versions of them being sung with appropriate music.

Prompt: Heavy Metal song about random internet guy waiting for his internet order

heavy metal aggressive fast-paced

[Verse] Sittin' in my room, waitin' for the postman to come
Got my fingers tappin', heart is pumpin', I'm not done (not done)
I ordered somethin' wicked, somethin' heavy, somethin' loud
A package full of metal, gonna make me scream and shout (scream and shout, yeah)

[Chorus] Deliver, deliver, deliver to my door (my door)
Gimme what I ordered, I can't wait anymore
I'm a random internet guy, lost in the cyberspace (ooh-yeah)
But when I get that package, it's gonna light up my face (gonna light up my face)

Crazy. I wonder who the voice is based on. It sounds a bit like the band Ghost. My daughter is a fan an I saw a concert with her.

This is a quantum leap in how VR should be!
The uOLED displays are phenomenal. The custom cushion has zero light leakage and the blacks are jet black. The contrast and color are amazing. This looks as sharp as my Aero does, but because of the color, contrast etc.. everything looks much more realistic.

It also has better stereo overlap than the Aero and with the extra contrast, everything looks a bit more 3D. I found I could gauge distance and corners better. I just dropped a few seconds off a stage that I know pretty well in Dirt Rally 2.0.

With my motion rig tossing me around in the bumpy stages of Greece, the Beyond stays in place perfectly where my Aero was bouncing around on my face. So now everything stays perfectly clear and in focus the whole time.

It is tiny. Below shows how it easily fits inside my Aero. You can also see the custom interface based on my facial scan that gives it a perfect fit.

Turducken.jpg

This is a quantum leap in how VR should be!
The uOLED displays are phenomenal. The custom cushion has zero light leakage and the blacks are jet black. The contrast and color are amazing. This looks as sharp as my Aero does, but because of the color, contrast etc.. everything looks much more realistic.

It also has better stereo overlap than the Aero and with the extra contrast, everything looks a bit more 3D. I found I could gauge distance and corners better. I just dropped a few seconds off a stage that I know pretty well in Dirt Rally 2.0.

With my motion rig tossing me around in the bumpy stages of Greece, the Beyond stays in place perfectly where my Aero was bouncing around on my face. So now everything stays perfectly clear and in focus the whole time.

It is tiny. Below shows how it easily fits inside my Aero. You can also see the custom interface based on my facial scan that gives it a perfect fit.

View attachment 24687
That looks like the VR headset I wished for after I bought the original Vive. I still just own that, and have to admit I don't VR game any longer. How does that track? Do you need lighthouses on the wall, or are the trackers built into the headset? I'm guessing it works quite well tracking? I've never used a headset without the lighthouses on the wall. I think I've read the Occulus sets with tracking built into the headset don't work so well?

My initial thoughts...

Great review. The headset is wired, right? Is there a wireless kit? I think now that going wireless limits resolution because the bit rate isn't fast enough?
The screen door effect is pretty much gone now since the resolution is high enough? The only headset ive used is the original Vive.

Holy smoke, they customize the goggles for your face! That sounds great. I bet that helps a lot. Are others able to use them too, or is the IPD and comfort too off for them?

https://store.bigscreenvr.com/products/bigscreen-beyond
"After ordering¹ your headset, we will reach out via email when we are ready for your 3D Face Scan². The 3D Face Scan measures the shape of your face and your interpupillary distance (IPD).

After manufacturing your headset to your specific IPD and fitted to the 3D shape of your face, it will be shipped directly to you."

I.dont use an Apple phone, so would have to use someone's to do that Scan. They need to figure out an alternative for that.

There is no Screen Door effect.
It uses a DP 1.4 cable and is not wireless.
I went to a local Apple store for my face scan. It took 5 minute and a representative there was very helpful and thought it was cool.
I would get a FAR IPD measurement from an optometrist to be sure it's right.

Back