NorCal listening Party

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Dennis,

I would like to stop by for a couple hours, if that okay with you.

Do you still have Clearaudio TT?

Mike

By al means please do. I'll PM you with the address. As for the TT, I've never had a clear audio; however, I do have a Basis but it's not currently hooked up -- ran out of space. :(

Dennis,

Sorry I can’t make it the 21st. Wish I could. Enjoyed everybody’s company at the last event and would love to hear a complete Martin Logan surround sound system.

Push my father-in-law in his wheel chair around the Cow Palace every year for the Rod, Custom Car Show. The cars all look the same to me now, but he looks forward to it.

Would love to hear your system in the future. Hope to see everybody at the next event.

Dan

Dennis,

Sorry I can’t make it the 21st. Wish I could. Enjoyed everybody’s company at the last event and would love to hear a complete Martin Logan surround sound system.

Push my father-in-law in his wheel chair around the Cow Palace every year for the Rod, Custom Car Show. The cars all look the same to me now, but he looks forward to it.

Would love to hear your system in the future. Hope to see everybody at the next event.

Dan

No problem, I'm sure we'll do it again. :D

What type of gear are people bringing over and are we doing any gear swapping comparisons? (I'm somewhat of a gearhead and interested in listening and analyzing changes of sound reproduction through gear changes! :rolleyes:)

Also, what kinds of music is the group interested in? I'm always interested to share what I listen to people but, more importantly, it is ALWAYS GREAT to listen to new music I've never ever heard of and expand my horizons. :music:

Should be a great afternoon!

What type of gear are people bringing over and are we doing any gear swapping comparisons? (I'm somewhat of a gearhead and interested in listening and analyzing changes of sound reproduction through gear changes! :rolleyes:)

Also, what kinds of music is the group interested in? I'm always interested to share what I listen to people but, more importantly, it is ALWAYS GREAT to listen to new music I've never ever heard of and expand my horizons. :music:

Should be a great afternoon!

I don't want to put a to much of a damper on things but I'm not interested in swapping gear in and out -- music YES gear NO. Sorry!

I don't want to put a to much of a damper on things but I'm not interested in swapping gear in and out -- music YES gear NO. Sorry!

Sounds good and completely understand & respect the spirit of the GT. Let's see what kind of music will be spinning. :music:

I completely agree with "DTB300". The only thing that I enjoy as much as getting turned on to new music at these sorts of get-togethers is picking through my own music collection beforehand looking for "ringers" that I think nobody has ever heard of, or finding obscure tracks by famous artists that will stump the attendees... :D

And EVERY time I go to an "Audio Get Together", whether it's a few guys getting together at someone's house, or big annual events like "CarverFest", I ALWAYS come away with a list of new music to buy, and hopefully I've provided a few other folks with the same...

--Richard

use the events calendar

I've added an event to the default calendar (on black menu on main page). You can go there and add a reminder to yourself, so you don't forget.

Looking forward to this event!

Tom.

I've added an event to the default calendar (on black menu on main page). You can go there and add a reminder to yourself, so you don't forget.

Looking forward to this event!

Tom.

Excellent Tom, thanks! I'm looking forward to it as well. Should be a lot of fun.

Well tomorrow the big day! I'm looking forward having everyone over and listening some good music.

Hi Dennis,

Like Tom, I'm looking forward to our get-together, too! See you later today.

Best,

Rick

Hey Dennis,
thanks so much for hosting today. Love your system!! very very nice.

I'm shopping for some new surrounds.. Thanks alot! LOL.

Tom.

Hey Dennis,
thanks so much for hosting today. Love your system!! very very nice.

I'm shopping for some new surrounds.. Thanks alot! LOL.

Tom.

Hi Tom,

Thanks, it was my pleasure.

Good luck on the surrounds... what are friends for. :ROFL:

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for being such a super host yesterday. Very sweet system! Next time that I see Toto live, I'll probably think that they don't sound as good as your rig! Terrific bass out of those Ascents.

Now you've got me wanting a MS750!!!! :devil:

Thank you again!

Rick

Hi Rick,

I’m so glad you were able to attend. It’s easy to host when you have a great bunch of like-minded folks. Aren’t those 501s amazing? When I was using my MC207 for the mains the bass response was awful. I figured that was just inherent with the Ascent i’s. You can imagine my surprise when I plugged in the 501s and out come’s all these beautiful bass notes. It was like I had a complete new system!

Sorry about the MS750 but it is a pretty sweet music server. You may want to check out audiogon, sometimes they have some pretty good deals.

In any case, I’m glad you, Mike and Tom were able to make it.

Dennis

Hey guys, as mentioned earlier, I’m a member of BAAS (The Bay Area Audiophile Society). Opening my home this Saturday at 1:00 for a couple of BAAS members to visit. If anyone here would like to listen to my system and your available this Saturday contact me and I’ll provide my address.

Back