New Ride 2

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cherian

Reaction score
A 30 year dream comes true. After driving many different cars nothing in my price range felt as right as a 2002 Porsche Carrera 2C (996). After much haggling I drove home my new baby yesterday.

Attachments

• 996-1.jpg
    996-1.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 261
  • 996-2.jpg
    996-2.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 266
Beautiful car. The 996 drives so nice. Over the years I have had 5 Porsches. I bought all of them used starting with the 914 2.0 liter. I love these cars. Enjoy, the 996 is the best. Congratulations.

Congrats on attaining your dream. Some folks live their whole lives and never do.

My dream car is a Jag. ALmost bought one about 2 months ago but we don't have trash pick up where we live, hence the need for a truck :mad: One of these days, we'll live in place where there is trash pickup and somebody else cuts the grass!

Again, enjoy your ride!

Gordon

Congratulations! Life is to short and we work to hard to not live at least one dream.

I'm still working on an Aston Martin Vantage. :D

Congrats on the 996, Cherian! Enjoy it in the best of health!

I sat in a Panamera AND a GT3 today. I think I found my car to get within 2-3 years.

Very cool. I've been fighting the urge for a 996tt for a long time... the only thing that has really kept me from buying is that it is so expensive to make it fast on top of an already rough price tag. They're awesome cars inside and out for sure.

Very cool. I've been fighting the urge for a 996tt for a long time... the only thing that has really kept me from buying is that it is so expensive to make it fast on top of an already rough price tag. They're awesome cars inside and out for sure.

All you have to do is chip it, and that adds about an additional 80 hp to the turbo engine. The price is about $2200. When you go beyond that, it will get real expensive.

From when I was 10 to about 15 I had posters of 911s and 959 on my wall. The car I always wanted was a slant nose 911 with a big whail tail. I would also take a Black Fire Bird Trans am with a big gold bird on the hood for second place.

The black 996 is as close as I can get.

All you have to do is chip it, and that adds about an additional 80 hp to the turbo engine. The price is about $2200. When you go beyond that, it will get real expensive.

The car really needs a couple of turbos, a fuel system, and a clutch before I would start to be happy with it. I am a bit difficult to please because I've been driving cars with 3.8lb/hp or less for like 5 years.

Last edited:
Congrats Cherian! Great looking car. Someday I too will savor the Porsche experiance. I hope you've got some twisties nearby to take advantage of.

Very nice! How many miles are on it? Did you get a smokin' deal?

Has it had the updated crank seal? If it's dry, DON"T touch it.

It had 25,400 miles on it. I think I got a great deal on the car. I had a Porsche dealer check out the car before I bought it. They gave the car a clean bill of health. The rear main seal is in very good shape.

Latest posts

Back