New ML Boxes?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpwden

Reaction score
Recently, I purchased a pair of ESL-Xs brand new. I kept the boxes and meant to keep them stored away in case we move (we move a lot), or in case I decided to sell some day, original boxes are a nice thing to have.

Coincidentally, I found out yesterday that my contractor installing new tile in one of he bathrooms decided to use one of the boxes for a base for sawing, ect and one sideof the box has been totally sawed off, yielding it unusable. My questions:

1. Does Martin Logan keep spare boxes on hand they are able to ship out, or would dealers have spare boxes for any reason?
2. Does anyone on the forum happen to have an ESL-X box they dont want?

TIA!

The really important parts are what's inside the box, the uniquely shaped foam. So that's the more difficult stuff to replace. The cardboard can be "fixed" in a number of ways. Think: Red Green Show. They could fix anything with duct tape.

Last edited:
Hmmm... TTocs, I think we should start another high end business. I'm sure if we sell duct tape for $200 a roll and state how wrapping your interconnects in it makes the soundstage open up, the airiness really comes in, the bass is tighter and blends better with the mains and we have heard things we never heard before on recordings, we could make some money!

Hmmm... TTocs, I think we should start another high end business. I'm sure if we sell duct tape for $200 a roll and state how wrapping your interconnects in it makes the soundstage open up, the airiness really comes in, the bass is tighter and blends better with the mains and we have heard things we never heard before on recordings, we could make some money!

Yes, indeed... but the soundsateg only opens up with TRANSPARENT Duct Tape!

And remember, if they can't find you handsome, they might as well find you handy!

Back