New ICEPower amp on the way

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjcarr

Reaction score
Just ordered one of the close-out NHT Amplifier 2's. At $499 I couldn't pass it up. It's supposed to have the latest B&O modules. I'll follow up with listening impressions on my SL3's.

Wow, I know we are a ML speaker forum, but if you wanted a VERY nice second system speaker set and could only host small stand mounted dynamic speakers, the NHT XD 2.1 at $2,999is a frigging steal :cool:

I've audtioned this system several times and came away super impressed.

It includes amps and Room Equaliztion for less than the cost of decent pair of monitors. Oh, and a nice subwoofer as well ;)

Just add a preamp and you're done.

ICE ICE, baby. (ok, ok.. i didn't WANT to do this... I HAD to)

Attachments

• vanilla_ice.jpg
    vanilla_ice.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 405
ROTFLMAO!!!

Too funny Tom - isn't he dead or living in Columbus or something?

Edit: is just me or does it look like he has a major stiffy in that picture?

Hey jjcarr, Listen Up is one of the bigger dealers in Denver. I've bought a LOT of equipment from them over the years. If that is where you got them you can rest assured that you are dealing with a reputable dealer and will get great service from them.

Last edited:
ROTFLMAO!!!

Too funny Tom - isn't he dead or living in Columbus or something?

Edit: is just me or does it look like he has a major stiffy in that picture?
Yes, he's got serious wood in that photo!! LOL!

Not sure of his whereabouts...Maybe this sign will help.

Attachments

• 083000vanilla.jpg
    083000vanilla.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 369
Personal life
Van Winkle currently lives in Wellington, Florida with his wife, Laura (whom he married in 1996), and two daughters, Dusti Rain and Keelee Breeze. He had stopped using hard drugs and alcohol in 1994 following his failed suicide attempts, but continued to use marijuana until 2005, when he was informed by his throat doctor that he risked losing his voice if he did not quit.[21]

In January 2001, Van Winkle was arrested by police in Davie, Florida for assaulting his wife. According to the criminal complaint, they got into an argument as they drove on Interstate 595, with Van Winkle allegedly pulling hair from her head. He pleaded guilty to charges of disorderly conduct four months later, and was sentenced to probation and ordered to attend family therapy sessions.[22][23]

He briefly attracted the attention of the media when his pet wallaroo, Bucky, and pet goat, Pancho, escaped from his Port St. Lucie, Florida home in November 2004. After wandering around local streets for over a week, the animals were caught, and returned to Van Winkle. He had to pay a $220 fine for expired pet tags, and an undisclosed fine for the escape of the animals.[24]

On April 10, 2008, Van Winkle was arrested in Palm Beach County on a battery charge for allegedly kicking and hitting Laura.[25] He was released the following day after Laura declared that her husband had only pushed her. In court, the couple's neighbor, Frank Morales, stated that it was merely a verbal argument. According to the police report, Van Winkle had told police that his wife is bipolar and tends to get irrational and argumentative, despite being on medication. Van Winkle was ordered by a Florida court to stay away from his wife following his arrest, and to only communicate with his children only if Morales accompanied him. The judge told Van Winkle that he could only contact his wife via telephone.[26][27]

On April 29, 2008, his lawyers, Bradford Cohen and Joseph LoRusso, were able to get the entire case dropped, after providing the state attorney with evidence that conflicted with what was originally reported.[28] Van Winkle released the following statement on his website: "I love my wife and my family. We have been together for fourteen years. Every now and then there is a bump in the road just like in most relationships; unfortunately mine is made public, and the media has a way of twisting things around. Don't believe what you hear. When I got out, we hugged and made up. We just want the whole thing to go away. My family means the world to me, and I would never hurt anyone."[29]

His arch-nemesis is classical guitarist Chocolate Fire.

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanilla_Ice

Ice power Amps

I notice there is no ratings for 4-ohms.Do you know the power output into 4 or 2 ohm loads? Have you ever heard the Sunfire,Krell,etc. amps with your system?If you have how do they compare.Thanks for the info.

I notice there is no ratings for 4-ohms.Do you know the power output into 4 or 2 ohm loads? Have you ever heard the Sunfire,Krell,etc. amps with your system?If you have how do they compare.Thanks for the info.

It's been so long since I listened to those amps in my system that I don't thing I could give a very constructive review. The amp it replaces is a Rotel, and it is significantly more detailed with much better defined instruments.

Based on memory I'd say it is competitive with the Sunfire and Krell. More detailed and SET-sounding, but perhaps not as warm as a Sunfire. But this is based on distant memory.

There is no mention of Power/distortion output at anything below 8Ohms.

Is this not a strong point for such amps then?

Latest posts

Back