New Front End Source!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Audioseduction

Reaction score
Believe it or not, I just swapped out my Krell SACD Standard CDP with an Esoteric DV-50s. I felt the transport section in the Krell was not up to par for what it cost and about a 30 second delay before it plays. It did play wonderfully. After just playing the Esoteric a couple of hours I can say without a doubt in my mind it is the next step up from the Krell in both audio play back and build quality. It only takes 10 seconds to play and it weighs almost 50lbs. I’m VERY pleased with it!!! This is a keeper!!!:music: :music:

Esoteric_DV-50.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats on your purchase, George. From everything I have heard about Esoteric, you will be happy with this one for many years. Please post your detailed thoughts on it as you get more time with the player.

George, you are very interresting person. ;)

None of Japanese would do like you, because still many Japanese think the products from USA or Europe are the best in the world, though I can't deny the Martin Logan's products are smashing.

And you had better to explain about your avator, the letter means '" Excellent" in Japanese. :rocker:

Shuji

George, you are very interresting person. ;)

None of Japanese would do like you, because still many Japanese think the products from USA or Europe are the best in the world, though I can't deny the Martin Logan's products are smashing.

And you had better to explain about your avator, the letter means '" Excellent" in Japanese. :rocker:

Shuji

Shuji, you are so correct! Excellents is what I strive for in my music listening. I think the Japanese have some of the best electronic engineers in the world. I think they strive for perfection as I do. ichiban! :music:

Last edited:
"None of Japanese would do like you, because still many Japanese think the products from USA or Europe are the best in the world"

They sure love the vintage tube gear.

Last edited:
Congrats on your purchase, George. From everything I have heard about Esoteric, you will be happy with this one for many years. Please post your detailed thoughts on it as you get more time with the player.

Will do Rich. :cool:

Sweet! I've always loved Esoteric gear, their attention to quality is amazing. Congrats on that very fine purchase.:)

Wow...I miss out on a few days of MLOC surfing and you've already been through a Krell and now using an Esoteric? Cool...yeah...you have it bad but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

I've considered the Esoteric CD players myself. I've never heard one but I've heard a lot of postive feedback from owners. They seem to have excellent build quality, especially in the transport section which I think they make themselves.

I'm anxious to come over and hear your new system with the Odysseys. Have you added any more acoustic treatments lately?

Wow...I miss out on a few days of MLOC surfing and you've already been through a Krell and now using an Esoteric? Cool...yeah...you have it bad but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Geezuz..... you're quick!

Esoteric makes nice gear. Do you use this particular player for video also? And let us know how the player warms up to your system as time goes on....

BTW, where's Dennis (diamonds) when you need him to chime in and add to the congratulatory posts?? :)

George, that's a quick turnover of the front-end. Makes me feel bad that I've had the same platter for over a year :haha1:

Enjoy and let us know how you like it after a few weeks.

Have not had much time lately to listen to it but as soon as I feel I have enough time into it I'll post my thoughts. At this time all I can say is WOW! The Esoteric synergy with my equipment is out of this world! More to come! :music:

Have not had much time lately to listen to it but as soon as I feel I have enough time into it I'll post my thoughts. At this time all I can say is WOW! The Esoteric synergy with my equipment is out of this world! More to come! :music:

George, it'll only get better and better. As I said in our PM's on the subject, there is a refinement and detail to the Esoteric gear that is only approached by the most elite of other players.

But then, you know I'm biased....

Attachments

• Esoteric_small.jpg
    Esoteric_small.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 179

Latest posts

Back