Need help finding a TV stand.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lakersfreak

Reaction score
I've been searching for a month and can't find a TV stand that works for me. I need a stand that can fit my short throw projector and ML 50XTi center. Ideally looking for a 15" high, 70" wide, and 15" deep stand that has a shelf or opening that can fit the 50XTi. Anyone have any suggestions?

Extra Large TV Stand

22X76X16

Not sure of your taste in styles...but, several extra large stands available on the site.

1676008267480.png

Last edited:
I've got one that's 16 deep x 70 wide x 24 high. I think I ordered it from Target. Shipped to my home and I assembled. I didn't want to spend much. I'm real happy with it and it's strong enough for all of the heavy equipment on it. I didnt put the back on it, so it's open for heat dispersion and easy access to all of the wires. I also put some pads on the bottom of it so I can easily slide it on my wood floor. I think I paid maybe $100 for it max.

Be sure to check the cabinets weight limit if you plan on putting a lot of heavy equipment in it.
20230210_140904.jpg

Andrew Robinson on YouTube did a great video recently going over a whole bunch of TV stands great for hifi gear. I think they even went over stands that would work with short throw projectors.

I've got one that's 16 deep x 70 wide x 24 high. I think I ordered it from Target. Shipped to my home and I assembled. I didn't want to spend much. I'm real happy with it and it's strong enough for all of the heavy equipment on it. I didnt put the back on it, so it's open for heat dispersion and easy access to all of the wires. I also put some pads on the bottom of it so I can easily slide it on my wood floor. I think I paid maybe $100 for it max.

Be sure to check the cabinets weight limit if you plan on putting a lot of heavy equipment in it.
View attachment 23863
Too high. I need to be less than 16 inches high for the short throw.

Extra Large TV Stand

22X76X16

Not sure of your taste in styles...but, several extra large stands available on the site.

View attachment 23862
I'm so desperate I don't care what it looks like! The issue I have is I find plenty of stands that are at least 70 inches wide and 16 inches high like this one, but I can't find one that will fit the 50XTi in the shelf.

I'm so desperate I don't care what it looks like! The issue I have is I find plenty of stands that are at least 70 inches wide and 16 inches high like this one, but I can't find one that will fit the 50XTi in the shelf.
How about if that drawer was removed in the middle, would you be able to modify a cabinet like that to fit the speaker?

https://www.target.com/p/rustik-tv-stand-for-tvs-up-to-80-34-brown-nexera/-/A-53627558#lnk=sametab
This is the right height and the other dimensions are good too. There is a center area on the shelf where you can put your speaker. You might need to drill some holes farther out from the center for the vertical supports in order to make that central area larger. Since you assemble it, you can modify it some. There is a series of pictures for that cabinet, and one shows the dimensions for those cubicals in the shelf. You could fill in the pre-drilled holes on top using wood putty and then color it with a furniture marker or stain.

There are 308 stands that are 70 inches or more wide. If you don't like thus one, you can probably find another.

Last edited:
Last edited:
That seems the best so far, depending on how tall those legs are. The vertical supports in the middle seem far enough apart to fit the speaker without having to modify. Are there measurements for that shelf width?

618Bb0euRDL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

You could cut the legs to match the correct height.

View attachment 23873

You could cut the legs to match the correct height.
That leaves about 5 inches extra space in the center area for the speaker, so more than 2.5 inches on each side. You would need to not use the adjustable shelf, just sit the speaker on the bottom of the cabinet. So the only modification here would be to not attach the legs. The height of the cabinet would then be under 15 inches.

https://www.overstock.com/Home-Gard...nish-Extra-Wide-TV-Bench/9076461/product.html

https://www.amazon.com/CorLiving-TL...rds=tv+stand+100+inch&qid=1676093243&sr=8-154View attachment 23870

This one might work. It's 16X71X17. There's 2 center sections that are 8.5X17.5 each. But, it requires assembly, and that center divider can be left out, or relocated to one side.

View attachment 23871
this would work, but do you think it would be safe to place my 25lb short throw right above it without the middle support?

this would work, but do you think it would be safe to place my 25lb short throw right above it without the middle support?

If it will let you, I'd slide the center brace to butt against one side of the center speaker. That should still supply enough support for the projector. Oh, the stand is much less expensive in the Amazon link I added.

This one he linked will work if you don't install the legs, and don't use the middle adjustable shelf. The integrity of the console will be as it's intended. I'd just check on the link to see how much weight it supports. It should be just fine. Looks like it comes in black and other colors. One option has an LED light in it. Top board holds 175 lbs

18855-618Bb0euRDL.-AC-SL1500-.jpg

Back